Gibson Brands Forums

I want to get rid of itunes.

craigh

BTW, you should stop paying for music:

You clearly do not make a living from music.

It is people stealing music by illegally downloading it for free that make it harder and harder for independent musicians (like me) to continue to make albums.

It costs a lot of money to make a good album, not to mention the creativity that goes into writing the songs and recording them for everyone to listen to.

How would you feel if you were an artist and you wrote some songs and paid to record them, have them produced, mixed, mastered, manufactured and then a thief stole your songs without paying for them?

It's like walking into a store and just stealing things you see that you would like.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard alot of (what you might call IT snobs) bad mouth Apple. I'm never going to understand the technical issues, but what's wrong with itunes?

Happens a lot, and for mostly bullsh*t reasons, truth be told. I'm a software developer myself (to fund the expensive music habit [biggrin] ). The complaint I hear most, and which is actually true, is that it's a huge memory hog and can slow your computer down (far more than most people think a music player should anyway). I've seen that at times, but it's never been a big enough problem for me to worry over. If you have a decent computer, it shouldn't be a problem.

I like iTunes because it has the best music library management I've found. I have a ton of music (procured legally through Amazon or apple, and ripped from CD) and it handles it all quite well.

If you want a stripped down player, and you're running Windows, I still love winamp. Use it at work since I don't have most of my music here. Not the best library management in the world, but it's small, clean, simple, and quick to just play a CD or some audio files.

I've heard alot of (what you might call IT snobs) bad mouth Apple.

I'm a software developer by day (sigh). I use both a Mac and a PC.. and I stay up to date with both systems.

Macs are fine computers. However, I don't think that one platform is any better than the other. I can tell you that Macs have tons of issues that their "fans" will just gloss over if you mention them. I can sit here and list out 100 things that grind my a$$ about Macs if anyone cares to hear it.

I don't think there's any reason to badmouth them though. I think that's more a case of people not understanding how they work and what they can do. Macs owe a lot to their unix core.. that alone gives them a ton of functionality right out of the box.

Anyway... what was I saying?

While Limewire might not have been shut down yet there are 1000's of people who have been sued by those large companies and one case comes to mind when Sony sued a 12 year old girl for down loading Christmas tunes during the holiday season. Her parents ended up paying over 3k in court fees and fines so if Big Bro could care less about her 7 songs do you really think you can hide from them. Sure there are tricks that a good IT person can use to prevent immediate location of your PC but eventually they will catch you and you deserve every penny of that fine.

I

RIAA sues for $3,000 to $150,000 per file

I'm a software developer by day (sigh). I use both a Mac and a PC.. and I stay up to date with both systems.

Macs are fine computers. However, I don't think that one platform is any better than the other. I can tell you that Macs have tons of issues that their "fans" will just gloss over if you mention them. I can sit here and list out 100 things that grind my a$ about Macs if anyone cares to hear it.

I don't think there's any reason to badmouth them though. I think that's more a case of people not understanding how they work and what they can do. Macs owe a lot to their unix core.. that alone gives them a ton of functionality right out of the box.

Anyway... what was I saying?

For every 100 you can come up with, which I doubt you can even come up with 100, I can dish back 1000 to you about pc's.... msp_flapper.gif

But that being said, I believe both systems have flaws and always will be filled with them....

I also own both, but mostly use Apple, no ones right or wrong in this issue... Sorta like polities and religion as well....

I also own both, but mostly use Apple, no ones right or wrong in this issue... Sorta like polities and religion as well....

Well that's just it. Most of the issues I have are little interface issues.. and it's all a matter of personal taste. There are things I like and despise about both systems.

If I could change just one thing, I'd have that stupid green button work as a Maximize button.. instead of "Zooming".

You're still stealing music.

Stick around and see the backlash from your advise.

I think Tman is getting off lightly here because the thread title is not attracting much traffic, but I feel very strongly about people stealing music. It's plain wrong as well as illegal.

I would like to point out to my current haters that I rarely ever use limewire. I just can't stand itunes. So whenever I want some new music I try my best to go find it at the store but when that fails my only option becomes either limewire or downloading a youtube video and converting the audio to mp3.

I would like to point out to my current haters that I rarely ever use limewire. I just can't stand itunes. So whenever I want some new music I try my best to go find it at the store but when that fails my only option becomes either limewire or downloading a youtube video and converting the audio to mp3.

Im calling BS on this one, too.

You're failure to shop successfully is not a license to steal.

BTW, you should stop paying for music:

OK guys thats enough. Lets just leave it at I DON'T GIVE A SH!T!!!! msp_cursing.gif

That says it all.

Inciting illegal activity and then throwing a temper tantrum when you get called on it.

Disappointing to say the least.

That says it all.

Inciting illegal activity and then throwing a temper tantrum when you get called on it.

Disappointing to say the least.

Not throwing a temper tantrum. Just tired of the sh!t. As long as I don't have a problem with thats all that matters to me. I don't give a fcuk what you guys think!

OK guys thats enough. Lets just leave it at I DON'T GIVE A SH!T!!!! msp_cursing.gif

This is very clear, but you have still not explained why you want to get rid of itunes. I'm genuinely interested and it's a great thread subject, but it's your call my friend.

And if you want to stop the flak, just say sorry!

Archived