Gibson Brands Forums

Is a Les paul supreme worth it?

Naradien

Supremes have a different tone, do they not?

Naradien, if can afford a R9 then almost every Les Paul is within your budget.

Do you want a Supreme? Do you want a R8?

Have you played any yet, or are you going off of internet pictures and on-line reviews?

Think about what you want and then go out and find it. Play it, and if it exceeds (not meets) your expectations, than buy it.

That's my advice.

It's an "eye candy" model..........................................

Same pickups as a Studio.

Figured back...............................uhm.........................OK........................Who's going to see that?

They're beautiful, but that is their selling point......................................the couple that I played sounded and played just like my Studio Plus with the stock pickups.

Jonas Brothers play a supreme (my sister was watching TV and I saw a LP, so I HAD to look).

They are lame in more ways than one, all LP's are pretty, it's like a gay Les Paul.

P.S. that gay thing isn't an insult, just an adjective.

Weren't they the first chambered Gibsons? They're very pretty, but almost too pretty. Plus the electronics are very hard to get to if it ever needs work. If you're lookin to play it and not just display it, I would think the R8 or R9 would be prefereable.

The Supreme is for the guy who REALLY wants to be noticed.

A nice Les Paul isn't good enough.

If you want attention THAT bad, save your money, get lotsa jewelry, bright clothes, color your hair, and get lotsa tats.

I'm not sure how many are bought simply because they are cosmetically more beautiful. I dunno.

I see the appeal, they are indeed beautiful, but I just don't think I would put the money in one.

Somebody's buying them, or Gibson wouldn't still make 'em.

They are lame in more ways than one' date=' all LP's are pretty, it's like a gay Les Paul.

P.S. that gay thing isn't an insult, just an adjective.[/quote']

You better use that adjective for reffering to fudgepackers only, man... dont use it on a fine Lester... even if it is a faggy one. :-&

You better use that adjective for reffering to fudgepackers only' date=' man... dont use it on a fine Lester... even if it is a faggy one. :-& [/quote']

Ahh, I didn't say it was gay.

I said it was like a gay Les Paul.

I got my Supreme for under £1,000 (new 2007 with a headstock break/repair which cost the dealer £250), I would never have been able to afford the guitar otherwise.

Say what you want about the 'Candy', everyone who sees it is blown away!

It is not right to compare this Les Paul to a Studio just because the Pickups are the same spec, this is a full-on Les Paul, after being spoilt playing this guitar a Studio seems a bit dead to me.

Check it out; Supreme Sounds Like this...

What a bunch of crap! "It's too pretty" ?? "I can't stand the headstock"

This guitar is a living work of art and it's turned heads EVERYWHERE I go.

It SOUNDS BETTER THAN IT LOOKS....I've played Studios and Standards after playing my LP for several months and just wasn't impressed. A friend of mine has been playing LPs for over 40 years and he said my was the nicest he's ever played. As far as playability, he said it's almost like "you're dancing with it"..as if the notes just roll right off your fingers.

When I first got it, I used to try to run my fingers down the neck and body to find any imperfections but couldn't. It's solid and I feel like I could break down walls with this guitar.

The ebony fretboard is durable and sturdy but nice and soft to the touch. I love it!

Maybe *some* of you guys are more metalheads and I can understand being more practical than aesthetic, but for classic rock, it doesn't get better than this!

The Supremes were chambered 5 years before the standards ever were and it really makes a difference at least to my ear. Combined with the Alnico's it seems to have an "rich, airy tone" is the best when I can describe it....

I nearly cried the first time I played the 1st solo from Pink Floyd's "Comfortably Numb" when I got this axe. It just loves to sing for you =))

I feel like Randy Rhoads every time I play "Crazy Train" on it hehe. Maybe a slightly better axe than he had.

IMG_1153.jpg

IMG_1152.jpg

IMG_1174.jpg

IMG_1175.jpg

What a bunch of crap! "It's too pretty" ?? "I can't stand the headstock"

This guitar is a living work of art and it's turned heads EVERYWHERE I go.

It SOUNDS BETTER THAN IT LOOKS....I've played Studios and Standards after playing my LP for several months and just wasn't impressed. A friend of mine has been playing LPs for over 40 years and he said my was the nicest he's ever played. As far as playability' date=' he said it's almost like "you're dancing with it"..as if the notes just roll right off your fingers.

When I first got it, I used to try to run my fingers down the neck and body to find any imperfections but couldn't. It's solid and I feel like I could break down walls with this guitar.

The ebony fretboard is durable and sturdy but nice and soft to the touch. I love it!

Maybe *some* of you guys are more metalheads and I can understand being more practical than aesthetic, but for classic rock, it doesn't get better than this!

The Supremes were chambered 5 years before the standards ever were and it really makes a difference at least to my ear. Combined with the Alnico's it seems to have an "rich, airy tone" is the best when I can describe it....

I nearly cried the first time I played the 1st solo from Pink Floyd's "Comfortably Numb" when I got this axe. It just loves to sing for you =))

I feel like Randy Rhoads every time I play "Crazy Train" on it hehe. Maybe a slightly better axe than he had.

[/quote']

Hoochy Flippin' Coochy...! I absolutely agree, there are too few posts with positive things to say about this great Les Paul.

can't afford the eds-1275 now. I have made a lot of purchases lately and I needed a tube amp with a clean sound and that is why I got the fender amp. Goes well with my american strat I just got from them a month ago! the R8 has your name on it, it is awesome!

Archived