Gibson Brands Forums

My V

abbeyrod

...Dude I am drooling! I had to come oggle it again! I HAVE to do this to my V. I think I would completely love it. You have to let us know

how well it works. I know what I said, but....I geuss would want to be able to use it. Now and then.

Well, regarding the price, on Ebay you often find kits gathering bigsby B7 + Vibramate for 150-165 USD.

for what concerns the playability and precision of the bigsby, it's ok for me. I'd say that with little care it can give you no more problems than a vintage strat trem.

Personnaly I love those B7. I set one on my sg and now one on the v. It gives them Soul, it makes them look "retro-futuristic".

using the bigsby you can easily get the effect you here on tarantino's movies music. I used a bit of graphit cream applied on the saddles and nut and it also helps a lot to remain in the right tuning.

Sure I prefer to deal with classic wiring, expecially when I'm going to replace some parts.

As a matter of facts, I'm thinking about a couple of classic '57 humbuckers on a new faded-V: could it be a good idea, according to you?

Sure I prefer to deal with classic wiring, expecially when I'm going to replace some parts.

As a matter of facts, I'm thinking about a couple of classic '57 humbuckers on a new faded-V: could it be a good idea, according to you?

Are you looking for PAF/vintage tone?

Well if you the $$$$ you can buy some nice custom wounded pups.

Classic 57 are great pick ups, but too hot for me.

I guess they must sound terrific in the V. give it a try!

In mine I had stock ceramic 496R and 500T. they were cool for heavy rock but got no real personnality in clean and crunch territory.

Now I have SD SH1 in it. it sounds really good. The nexk pick up is really nice. the bridge one is not the best I have tried in SD range. I prefer the APH1B or the Pearly Gates Bridge. But it's still very good.

Archived