Gibson Brands Forums

What is this beautiful Les Paul

coalcart

Can someone help me figure out what this guitar is? Maybe some info on pickups etc. Please see pictures. As you can see, the serial number on the headstock says 006080597 Made In USA 2008. The nine digits has stopped me in my tracks.[apost-26487-025157100 1287695253_thumb.jpgttachment=923:1021101225.jpg] I want to buy it, but want to know what it is first. Thank you in advance! (I can't get over the color)

post-26487-093143400 1287695093_thumb.jpg

post-26487-020348500 1287695106_thumb.jpg

post-26487-095671600 1287695119_thumb.jpg

Guitar Info

Your guitar was made at the

Nashville Plant, TN, USA

March 1st, 2008

Production Number: 297

the serial number exists, but gibsons never have a year in the back, just a serial # and MADE IN USA. that truss rod cover looks fake as crap. ask him if he replaced the truss rod cover and then ask him if its a "limited edition" guitar. the chinese may be using serial #'s that actually exist!!

chinese bastar** msp_cursing.gifmsp_thumbdn.gif

Can someone help me figure out what this guitar is? Maybe some info on pickups etc. Please see pictures. As you can see, the serial number on the headstock says 006080597 Made In USA 2008. The nine digits has stopped me in my tracks.[apost-26487-025157100 1287695253_thumb.jpgttachment=923:1021101225.jpg] I want to buy it, but want to know what it is first. Thank you in advance! (I can't get over the color)

THE TOGGLE SWITCH IS SIDEWAYS!?!!?!?!?!!?

maybe thats his preference. how much is he selling it for?

Guitarkid you are wrong, sorry dude.

Its real, its a gibson stuido if im correct.

Its really heavily modded, i think the neck pup is orginal and the birdge is a Invader SH-8. High gain of course.

The TRC is changed though...intresting.

How much did you get this bad boy for?

Edit: Its a gibson les paul studio faded.

Guitar Info

Nashville Plant, TN, USA

March 1st, 2008

the serial number exists, but gibsons never have a year in the back, just a serial # and MADE IN USA. that truss rod cover looks fake as crap. ask him if he replaced the truss rod cover and then ask him if its a "limited edition" guitar. the chinese may be using serial #'s that actually exist!!

My guitar has the serial number, made in usa 2008 stamped on the back. Maybe YOUR guitar is a fake... :blink:

I can get it with the hard case for $500, maybe $450. Do you know what it sold for retail?

Guitarkid you are wrong, sorry dude.

Its real, its a gibson stuido if im correct.

Its really heavily modded, i think the neck pup is orginal and the birdge is a Invader SH-8. High gain of course.

The TRC is changed though...intresting.

How much did you get this bad boy for?

Edit: Its a gibson les paul studio faded.

I can get it with the hard case for $500, maybe $450. Do you know what it sold for retail?

They sell for around $800.

Mabye print out a bunch from a other store and show him the price and prove to him its modded and ask for a lower price?

IMO it should be around $400 for everything.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Guitar Info

Nashville Plant, TN, USA

March 1st, 2008

The inclusion of the manufactured year on the back of headstocks started around the middle of the last decade.

gib2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sorry, but I think it might be a fake. The truss-rod cover is definitely wrong (but those are easily changed), and something about the nut doesn't look quite right. The font on the word "Model" on the Les Paul logo seems a little off too, and so does the Gibson logo. It's definitely a Studio model, or a copy of one--maybe an owner of a real one can tell us whether they say "Les Paul Studio" or "Les Paul Model". I seem to recall that the "Studio" designation is on the truss-rod cover.

Archived