Gibson Brands Forums

MLP Meltdown?

guitar_randy

I have hung out there in the past. Like many other guitar forums you do get a bit of snobbery there. I went there asking questions about a couple different guitars, got some good info, got some stupid info. Gotta take the good with the bad I guess. I didn't care for how some guys would try and take over your for sale ad with misinformation or opinions about what its worth.

What did the Meltdown consisted of? a few members leave, life goes on, happens all the time.

I like the knowledge on that forum, you have to sift through but there is good stuff there, when I do go I go to the Historic section.

Eff MLP.

[-(

Maybe it's a matter of familiarity, I never spent a lot of time there or LPF.

Snobbery?

Check.

Stupidity?

Check.

D!ck head Mods?

Check.

I had one of their Mods explain to me that I might think I'm a Big Fish in a Little Pond at "other" forums I frequent.

Pointed out that bullies such as myself could only survive where there were few active users.

[blink]

Then proceeded to tell me how "all the Mods know each other" and all talk about the trouble makers.

Said he knew which forums I was active in, and what sort of sh!t to expect from me.

Wow.

A Napoleonesque Mod Squad Cyber Stalker with "friends" that were just like him.

Reminded me of my grandmother's Chihuahua barking while hiding under the sofa...

+:-@[biggrin][thumbup]

Well, I made a few references to being capable of handling all comers in forums covering matters more sophisticated than wood.

Forum size doesn't matter either, I just never took the time to learn who all 500 active posters were.

So the Mod Squad and their syncophants decided to fxck with me (Like I'M the bully?) and when I finally smacked 'em...

Yep.

Suspended.

For winning.

And I mean CLEARLY winning whatever little adolescent word war they started.

Been repeated half a dozen times in various guitar forums.

Funny thing - never been suspended in a political forum.

Or a gun forum.

Or a car forum.

Or an aviation forum.

Or a truck forum.

Or a Jeep forum.

Or a motorcycle forum.

Or a racing forum.

Or a technical forum.

Powerplants.

Nuclear.

You get the picture...

[woot]

I've never dropped my membership in any forum.

But I will say that I certainly earned my "forever" ban on a couple.

Kinda like getting fired from a job after beating the sh!t outta the boss.

Not much of a surprise then, when you already knew you were leaving, eh?

[woot][lol][thumbup]

I go into the Historic section when I'm looking for info. There are some very knowledgeable and helpful folk there.

The regular Les Paul section is also quite an interesting place.

At the same time, however, there's possibly also more misinformation in that section than in any of the other few fora I frequent.

Didn't notice a meltdown/mass defection but then again I don't spend that much time there.

This place has a much friendlier feel to it. It feels more 'Matey'.*

Possibly due to there being a smaller set of regular posters I feel I know some of you lot quite well....

P.

* Although there have been moments.......LOL!

Fenn, you now have the BEST signature I've seen in months!!!

Not completely because of the quote, but your clear declaration that too many people simply don't get it.

Or don't want to - because of the post's author.

I would give you a plus one but I'm out.

I owe you!

[thumbup]

Archived