Gibson Brands Forums

brought home a beauty CHEAP! 77 les paul special

justmechillun

hey fellas,

i have been selling off some of my childhood baseball cards and reinvesting into guitars since my EX has forced me to pretty much sell all of my vintage guitar collection to make her mortgage payments (im not bitter). So i decided to reinvest some $ into an sweet paul i came across at GC...I know some of you already are suspicious considering I bought it at GC, but I love them and they always do me very right...so tell me what you think of this one...

IMG_1039.jpg

The back...

IMG_1048.jpg

This is the headstock

IMG_1032.jpg

This is the back of the headstock

IMG_1036.jpg

this is the face of the guitar

IMG_1031.jpg

Question (actually two)

1) is says limited edition so I was wondering if any of you know how limited a run these were...

2) somewhat unrelated but my 61 jr had a dog ear p90 on it...whats the difference between a dog wear and these soapbar pickups?

needless to say it sounds sweeeeet. one lick thru a vibro king and i had to have it.

So if any of you have any feedback i would appreciate it, even and most certainly from neo con man.

Hey man!

Glad you made it back!

I would LOVE to help you out....

EX has forced me to pretty much sell all of my vintage guitar collection to make her mortgage payments

Divorce in California - Ouch!

Sorry man.

With those laws out there' date=' it's a wonder the O.J. option is not used more.

(not that I would advocate such a thing)

you already are suspicious considering I bought it at GC

I hear the scary movie violins playing.... Is that the theme from Jaws - is that a cello?

so tell me what you think of this one...

It's a FAKE!

Just kidding....

:-)

Question (actually two)

1) is says limited edition so I was wondering if any of you know how limited a run these were...

Don't know. I never paid much attention to Norlin guitars.

2) somewhat unrelated but my 61 jr had a dog ear p90 on it...whats the difference between a dog wear and these soapbar pickups?

The plastic cover is different.

Really.

Seriously' date=' you can pull the screws out and drop the pickup in a dogear cover.

There are no mechanical differences I'm aware of. For various mounting height requirements and body types.

A hollow body required the dog ears because there was nothing under the pickups if there was a hole cut in the top.

needless to say it sounds sweeeeet. one lick thru a vibro king and i had to have it.

Very cool.

I'm a BIG P-90 guy myself.

Good luck with the Ex.

I have plenty of advice for you in that area, done it a couple times.

Rule Number One - Never marry a paralegal. Getting divorced will be painful and ugly beyond your wildest dreams.

Archived