Gibson Brands Forums

Petition: Reissue the Deluxe

gd_nc

Bring it back! And do it right this time...

Complete with Volute, 3-piece Maple Neck, Mini Humbuckers, real solder, maple tops, no chambers!

Well, on second thought, maybe you can skip the pancake body and three piece maple tops

How about a '69 VOS????

Complete with Volute, 3-piece Maple Neck, Mini Humbuckers, real solder, maple tops, no chambers!

Well, on second thought, maybe you can skip the pancake body and three piece maple tops

How about a '69 VOS????

Hello! Completely agree with Gd_nc! Bring it back! Do it right! Make it affordable.

Here You can hear a vintage goldtop Deluxe played by the great János Závodi:

http://www.indavideo.hu/video/Tunyogi_Rock_Band__-_A_Tegnap_Itthagyott (sorry for the bad quality)

Picture: http://api.ning.com/files/K2pU8ZrKE99SUZTs1ppOiS*ViLxC8xF2u-NFa2WAxZFZooaOad4gmbuHCn01ANO-*I75*hjcefT25fPLTeRj0lrddJXUWlbc/JanoPecsa.jpg

Yeah, that would be nice. I have a '76 LP Deluxe (Below), but I'd love to have a

Gold Top version, as well.

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0005-1.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

CB

NICE! I had a old '79 burst for years. Needed a fret job so I decided to sell it. Been kicking myself ever since.

I'd like to see it reissued, but in that blue they used to make them in. That was pretty much the only blue LP you ever saw until the last 10 years or so.

Edited the poll - I totally forgot about those.

From those listed I'd choose Tobacco Sunburst. I think it would look very classy indeed!

I'd love to see one offered in Honeyburst and, given an option, I would prefer Washed Cherry Sunburst to the regular CSB.

+1 on Duane's suggestion of the embossed covers!

As a 'Model Never Before Seen' how about a 'Black Beauty' version with Ebony top, back and sides; aged binding, black plastics and gold hardware?

Hmmm..............

[smile]

P.

Just get yourself a Les Paul Standard with P-90's in your color choice, rip out the P-90's and install a couple of Epiphone mini-humbuckers, install a "Deluxe" truss rod cover, and there you have it.

That's how Gibson made them.

Just get yourself a Les Paul Standard with P-90's in your color choice, rip out the P-90's and install a couple of Epiphone mini-humbuckers, install a "Deluxe" truss rod cover, and there you have it.

That's how Gibson made them.

No thanks. I've got a Les Paul with P-90's and I love it. I just want a Deluxe like my old one. Except I don't want to pay $2K for an old hacked up POS from ebay. Gibson did it in 1999 and 2005. It's time for another run.

• 4 months later...

How about a '69 VOS????

The pancake bodies would have a mahogony neck, and no volute. Thats the one I would want. But I get you, there currently is no substitute for the maple neck mini-humbuck era, and there is something to them.

But dude, it is not like there are not enough of them that they made back then to still go around, is there?

The p90 holes are bigger, but yet a good idea....

Nevertheless, I'll be looking for 71-72 Deluxe to be my next axe.

It was my understanding that the routes for the pups were exactly the same? In fact, the first rings for the mini's were in fact p-90 covers that were cut out to make the mini's work in guitars that were routed for p-90s.

Did something change? I think the mini is one of the most under rated pups and under appreciated pups.

Archived