Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thawk Dean

String Problem on EL-00

About 2 months ago, I had a setup done on my EL-00. While it was at the "doc's", I had a new saddle done up. Since then, I've had 2 D-strings go bad on me. Could this be a problem with the new saddle? Dean

Thanks for the reply. I'll make arrangements to get it back to the "doc". Any idea what the problem might be? I'm relatively new to the guitar world and as a retired engineer, I like to understand what's going on (information junkie). Dean

I woul suggest differently , maybe look at your nut or it could be justa bad case of two bummed out D stirngs, if your saddl eand the D string were fine before then I doubt very much if the saddle could or would only effect the one string, you have something else going on.Ship

Thanks Ship....I'll contact the "doc" and have him take a look at the whole system. I didn't have a new nut made at the time I had the setup and saddle. I may just have him do the nut while he's checking this thing out. BUT, I'll wait to see if I have another D-string go bad. The ones that went bad came apart right at the saddle. That's why I was suspecting the saddle. Dean