Gibson Brands Forums

Photoshoot with my R8!

Ironman1536

So I decided to give my somewhat new R8 a photoshoot today [-o< I actually noticed when taking the pictures that my strings were colored at the ends like d'addarios but I bought the guitar new like just 2 months ago and I figured GIbson vintage strings were on their.

Gibson1958006.jpg

Gibson1958004.jpg

Nice one! R8s rule!!

My recent R8 has those strings too. We're not the only ones' date=' other people are getting them [i']from[/i] Gibson also.

P.S. Loose the sticker before these guys start yelling.

Ha!!! I was just going to say something about that. Very nice plain top. I bet she sounds awesome.

she's sweeeet!!!! those are definately d'addario strings!

I don't know where you purchased her from, but I can attest from personal observation, that GC will restring with just about anything they have available. IMHO, if a licensed dealer replaces strings while the guitar is in their shop, they should be required to put on what came off (Brites, Vintage etc.). I realize strings are the cheapest part of a guitar, but I do have certain expectations that the guitar will come to me in factory spec. You could be making a future string decision based on bad poop.

I've also seen them replace a 500k tone pot with a 250k!!! Tell me that won't screw your sound. Things that just make you say Hmmm.

Archived