Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar Names?

Silenced Fred

I named my car... I call it the bat mobile, but it usually changes depending on the day. (I'm totally kidding on that)

I don't know, all you hear about is people naming their guitars and stuff, just thought I'd ask. I guess it is uncommon then.

And my friend named my classical the other day. She calls it Juno because I played her some stupid "indie-like" song on it.

NMothing wrong with naming stuff you identify with. For some reason, my wife named my new truck Harry whaen I came home with it a couple months ago. She also tried to hang the handle "snowball" on a previous white explorer. That name didn't stick. Not with me anyway. She also named her Mustang, Sally. That I understood.

Dave

Hahahaha... true. I'm gonna get the NAACP on your *** for that though... even though I'm white, while that work? [flapper]

Haha, you'd be swimming against the current on that one, although I look white as a loaf of bunny bread I am 100% Hispanic.

First acoustic I owned (Ovation Celebrity) I named off-hand one day. Was listening to B.B. King and thinking about the story behind Lucille, and decided it needed a name. It's now named Rebecca after a cute girl I knew at the time.

Named my first electric too, a cheapo Ibanez that's seen better days. Didn't end up naming it until I got my LP though. Now I call it Shirley. (Shirley you don't think I still play that thing much.) Couldn't resist, and worked out that named after another cute girl I don't really talk to anymore, which is what I usually tell people.

Have an old Squire Strat named Frankenstein. Currently lives at my office so I have something to do when thinking, but it's so named as it's the guitar I usually tear apart to try new things with. Got it for $20 and the neck is warped, so it's not good for a lot aside from experimentation with pick-up configurations and bridges and so forth.

The Taylor I own is begging to be named, but nothing's come to mind. Haven't felt inspired to name the LP either, as I'm usually too busy playing it to think about it.

Also not named:

Epiphone Dot Studio

Random Ibanez bass that might be sold to help fund a Spector bass.

Ampeg (by Burns of London) Wild-Dog. (This should be named Deb, probably, after my mom who got it as a kid and gave it to me.)

Archived