Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson's Revolution

Silenced Fred

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone really know for sure what the announcement was?

I bought into the Robot thing and really enjoy my LP. I've never even tried any alternate tuning. Wouldn't know how to play it. I was in the market for a Studio and the Robot fit the bill at a great price.

Great guitar.

The Explorer talk doesn't interest me in the least.

Dave

Thanks for the post fred61

Wow is that thing hideous!! I thought the wheel was already round?

I wonder if it will screw with air traffic control transmissions?

How come there are no tubes in it?

6 strings, switch, and volume knob... don't need much more than that...

Wow... so it's actually real? What the hell happened to sitting out on your front porch, whiskey in hand, cigar in mouth and just playing away on a small 10W tube amp? [crying]. Oh well, I guess there's some sort of market for it. Me? I like it simple, time-tested and true.

I guess I'm the only one on here who likes it?

I don't think it's entirely stupid. I could see some people wanting something like that.. it looks like it does some cool things. It's just not for me... especially at that price.

I would have rather they announced that the 50's tribute studios will be put into regular production.. THAT's something that will sell.

While I understand technology advancements I do not understand why they have to give this kind of guitars a so-called futuristic look.

Kind of like hybrid cars...you wanna save gas and the environment? then you are really going to like this spaceship looking car...

I like the Bluetooth idea.

Now I can play old school Blues on a super high tech guitar through the sound system of my BMW.

I may dress on a suit like Joe Bonamassa just to complete the look/setup.

Nice!

You might even be able to pretend you are playing Joe's licks while, in reality, another Bluetooth device streamed his recorded playing for you. That could revolutionize guitar miming for sure! I bet the Jonas Brothers have them on order! #-o

Archived