Gibson Brands Forums

Fall/Winter

mrktwn

Anybody else like this time of year? I love it. No more stifling heat. No more insects. Honestly, it doesnt even bother me when it gets dark at 4:30. I love all the holidays and notable days that come with it, Thanksgiving probably being my favorite. Seemingly, I can think a little clearer and am a little more energetic when its colder/cooler as well. Yep, I dig winter and the coming of winter...

I like winter too. The cold doesn't bother me. Sometimes if I get snowed in it's a pain, but I always get through it. Just wish there were hills in Chicago so I could rock some sledding like we used to do in Michigan.

Where are you at?

I like winter too. The cold doesn't bother me. Sometimes if I get snowed in it's a pain, but I always get through it. Just wish there were hills in Chicago so I could rock some sledding like we used to do in Michigan.

Where are you at?

St. Louis. it can get Chicago like around here, usually not until January or February though. Winter around here can be on the mild side though, too.

We're still waiting on fall here on the NE Florida coast! It was 90 this week. (Though we had one brief cool spell already - 50s and 70s)

I like Fall and Spring best here. Winter brings nor'easters and it gets kinda grey. Supposed to be back to 50s and 70s this weekend. Time to open the windows.

I'm more of a summer person and can't stand the cold. Every car I've ever had, has had a crappy heater. GRRRR!!!!!. In reality, I love to see the seasons change. I enjoy the fall with the gloomy overcast skies, and drizzle. Great afternoons by the fire and either playing a guitar or listening to music that accents the mood. It's also time for my famous (to me) chili.

In my neck of the woods we experience all seasons. Fall would have to be my favourite. Not too hot or cold. Winter can be nasty sometimes but we dress for it. We usually get a few minus 40 days a year. -40 is the same in celcius or farinheit ( I know I spelled it wrong but you get the picture). Every year between Christmas and new year we have a huge bon fire that lasts about 3 days and breaks up the winter. Lots of folks come by have a few drinks and chow down on a steaming bowl of chili.

Dave

Winter is probably my favorite season, and I will take 0'F over 100'F any day of the week. Here in the Midwest we have a good four-season climate, and the only thing that really bothers me is summer heat and humidity extremes.

I think that there is a couple of reasons I like winter. The winter day I was born was the coldest day on record for that date in recorded history (the record keeping started in 1837), and that record still holds. The other thing is that ice skating was a very popular winter activity (ponds and lakes) where I lived. Growing up with a pond in my back yard, I was ice skating shortly after I learned to walk. Winter weekends during my youth I would pretty much wake up, lace up my skates and play pond hockey all day. Even the after school hours (on school days), were spent the same way. It served me well for through my teens and into my early twenties I played hockey all over North America. It provided the first opportunity for me to "see the world", or at least a little of it.

I still enjoy winter activities, and my first wife and I would take our annual vacation in the dead of winter, cross country skiing, hiking, snowmobiling, dog-sledding, etc. We would go to out-of-the-way nature type places, not ski resorts, so there was seldom any "tourists".

Probably the best vacation I ever took was going to Yellowstone National Park in the dead of winter (south geyser basin). A park ranger stated that only 3% of the visitors to Yellowstone come in the winter. To me that meant that I didn't have to deal with the other 97% of the idiots. The roads in the park are closed to automobile traffic (and trucks, anything on rubber tires), and the only way in, out, and around the park in by snowmobile and other "tracked" vehicles, cross country skis, and hiking (with snowshoes or not). The beauty and peacefulness of Yellowstone in the winter was breathtaking. I highly recommend it for anybody looking for a "winter adventure".

Anybody else like this time of year? I love it. No more stifling heat. No more insects. Honestly, it doesnt even bother me when it gets dark at 4:30. I love all the holidays and notable days that come with it, Thanksgiving probably being my favorite. Seemingly, I can think a little clearer and am a little more energetic when its colder/cooler as well. Yep, I dig winter and the coming of winter...

Hi neighbor. I love the fall and Christmas time. I can do without the heavy snow but, you know what they say about St. Louis weather. If you don't like the weather, just wait a few hours.

St. Louis. it can get Chicago like around here, usually not until January or February though. Winter around here can be on the mild side though, too.

We have no idea what to expect in STL. [smile] just this week for example. it went from 70s. to a hell of a storm to almost freezing. I really dont even like summer. if I had a fall vacation instead of summer vacation thatd be great! Fall winter and early spring are my favorite times of the year.

Archived