Gibson Brands Forums

I'm a proud luddite

Spike~

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AND TO FOLLOW IN SPIRIT OF THE GREAT AND CLASSIC FILM " SPARTUCUS " , and that amazing cover presented by the sponser of this soon to be classic thread, I offer the following........

[thumbup] " I'm a Luddite !!!! [scared] " I'm a Luddite !!!!!!!!!! [flapper] " I'm a Luddite !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

](*,) " I'm a Luddite !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! & I'm a Luddite !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [cursing] " I'm a Luddite !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[crying] ' I'm a Luddite !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [love] " I'm a Luddite !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [lol] " I'm a Luddite !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[drool] " I'm a Luddite !!!!!!!! [blink] " I'm a Luddite !!!!!!!! @ " I'm a Luddite !!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND YES, SPARTUCUS WAS A LUDDITE TOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uh........that ain't Spartacus fellas............... B)

Ah, well, hmmmmm, ah, ummm, ah, well, you are correct, that's not Spartacus, those are Luddites standing together in their own uprising in defence of the tried and true; Guitar, chord, Tube amp, Tone.........

This is Spartacus; :-({|= '" I'm Spartacus, am I'm a Luddite too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

{ this meant to be fun } ( enjoy )

You know, Fender could make bank if they made a shirt being something like...

"I play Fender because I'm a luddite" but jazzed up and looked cool. Especially if it had a tele or a jazz master. I would buy at least one

You do some quality postings Fred61. I was not aware of the term Luddite until now, and it seems to be a hot topic ( for a while here I suppose ). As such, I do not know how wide spread the term Luddite is known. If I still had my house with my workshop I'd design the kinds of shirts you mention...Perhaps Fender or someone else will...Good idea...

[thumbup] " Luddites Play Fenders " [cool] " Luddites Play Gibsons " Yup, I can see it. We all need an income......

AND TO FOLLOW IN SPIRIT OF THE GREAT AND CLASSIC FILM " SPARTUCUS " , and that amazing cover presented by the sponser of this soon to be classic thread, I offer the following........

[thumbup] " I'm a Luddite !!!! [scared] " I'm a Luddite !!!!!!!!!! [flapper] " I'm a Luddite !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

](*,) " I'm a Luddite !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! & I'm a Luddite !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [cursing] " I'm a Luddite !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[crying] ' I'm a Luddite !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [love] " I'm a Luddite !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [lol] " I'm a Luddite !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[drool] " I'm a Luddite !!!!!!!! [blink] " I'm a Luddite !!!!!!!! @ " I'm a Luddite !!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND YES, SPARTUCUS WAS A LUDDITE TOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I too am a Luddite, but I tend to keep it to myself....

You do some quality postings Fred61. I was not aware of the term Luddite until now, and it seems to be a hot topic ( for a while here I suppose ). As such, I do not know how wide spread the term Luddite is known. If I still had my house with my workshop I'd design the kinds of shirts you mention...Perhaps Fender or someone else will...Good idea...

[thumbup] " Luddites Play Fenders " [cool] " Luddites Play Gibsons " Yup, I can see it. We all need an income......

Well, I mean look around here and on MLP at how many people use the word Luddite now. I am sure Fender Forums are all over this laughing their head off.

I think they should have an Amish man playing a guitar then have the word Luddite over it [laugh]

Our Fenders probably went up in price thanks to the last gibson POS wolrd changin revolution. But our gibbies most surely went down in price. So if we were to sell our guitars today we would get the same money as yesterday.

Way to change the world of music, gibson.

I to am a luddite. I am are luddite disgruntle. [woot]

Well, I mean look around here and on MLP at how many people use the word Luddite now. I am sure Fender Forums are all over this laughing their head off.

I think they should have an Amish man playing a guitar then have the word Luddite over it [laugh]

LMAO!

Gibson needs to produce a Limited Edition Luddite guitar.

Would it be Historically Accurate?? Would it be chambered?? Would the first reissue be even more Historically accurate??

Should I feel bad for Gibson?? ie So many Luddites, so little time...

I would, but to the extent that the Luddites seemed to be just as opposed to Capitalism as they were to new tech, I'll decline.

Lot's of folks don't seem to want to recognize just how offensive the name calling can be.

If I were to embrace the name calling, the only way I can object is to opt out of what puts dollars in that a$$hole's pocket.

Guess what?

Do you guys think Henry is looking on here and getting upset about you changing your stuff to luddites?

I like you guys and all, but you all sound like whiny babies about all of this...voice your displeasure...once and then vote with your wallets. I've now seen about 30 "luddite" threads on this site alone.

Welp, I'll put myself in danger of major flames and say that I really like the technology expansion Gibson is doing. I have a Robot SG Limited that works perfectly, plays great and sounds great. I'm hoping to get a chance to play with the Firebird X.

Having said that, Henry really opened an ugly can of worms with the name calling. And while we've been having a bit of fun with it on the forum, it's still an ugly situation. After a couple of days of fun, I'm going to back away from it.

BTW, plenty of "real musicians" embrace technology - one them was Les Paul. RIP.

Do you guys think Henry is looking on here and getting upset about you changing your stuff to luddites?

I like you guys and all, but you all sound like whiny babies about all of this...voice your displeasure...once and then vote with your wallets. I've now seen about 30 "luddite" threads on this site alone.

Yesterday's speech was like a middle finger to us who love old school LPs and SGs, so I'm just giving one back, no more, no less.

Archived