Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
hotshot9991

do you think this is enough wire

ok im winding a pickup to 14k wich I know will take up a lot of the bobbin to get to 14k and we all know trying to solder the wire together and continuing to wind is the stupidest thing you could do.But this ebay link right here-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Magnet-Wire-43-Gauge-AWG-4000-Feet-Enameled-Copper-Red-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2a0ac9bcb7QQitemZ180569619639QQptZLHQ5fDefaultDomainQ5f100

its 4,000 feet is that enough to spin around one bobbin to 14k and buy another roll and spin the other bobbin to 14k and have it finished or is it not a long enough roll, for one bobbin?

the picture isnt the actual picture of the whole roll he sent me one its much bigger than that picture

ok im winding a pickup to 14k wich I know will take up a lot of the bobbin to get to 14k and we all know trying to solder the wire together and continuing to wind is the stupidest thing you could do.

Who could have said that. [biggrin]

Well anyways hats off to anyone who wants to wind a pickup.

one more thing i know what im gonna do but dose anyone know any places i could buy them i searched lowes they only have the huge magnetic wire like 12 gauge and a little lower i know as heck walmart wouldent have it if, i cant find any more places im just gonna order that roll