Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone's Significant Other Also Play a Gibson?

zombywoof

When I met my wife-to-be she was playing a 1994 Gibson J-100. She had even gigged as part of a duo doing mostly folk and singer/songwriter stuff.

Unfortunately for me she really liked my '60 J-200. When I walked through the door one evening with the '56 SJ in hand her only response was -"Good, now you have a guitar too." How could ya not love a woman like that.

My wife doesn't play as often as I would like to see her play. She was a non-player when she met me and has learned off and on over the past five of our sixteen years together.

Her weapon of choice is my OM-21 Martin. She has delicate hands, and it is odd that she would choose an instrument with such a nut width, but that is how it goes.

I bought her a beautiful LG-1 at one point thinking that pencil thin neck would work for her, but no dice. The only Gibson she ever picks up that she really wants is the Super Jumbo in blonde. She is going to have to take a more regular interest to find herself behind one of those ($3600 here in Nova Scotia, ON SALE!!) and perhaps have her right arm stretched.

I have two significant others......

one prefers to sleep in the guitar case rather than play guitar. This creates significant problems when the case falls down on his tail. The other significant-other runs and hides under the bed everytime the guitar comes out so....... no, I do not have a significant other who actually plays guitar (the traditional way one plays guitar).

so..my latest crush on jinder's supporting act doesn't count then?:-k

my first acoustic - a fender dred w/hog b/s with a sticker of a metallic blue cat just under the fender logo on the headstock that my daughter put there- belonged to my ex wife. she rarely played it but i, otoh, used it constantly. as my marriage disintegrated, she'd go out on the weekend and i'd sit in the kitchen with a bottle of wine and the guitar and write songs, piecing together all the lyrics i'd written on scraps of paper throughout the week. even used it to record my first cd. sadly, it stayed with her and she got a bit of pleasure down the road telling me how it sold at a yard sale for 50 bucks.

Hmmm' date=' nothin' yet...

[img']http://www.glamgreats.com/Glam%20Rock/suziq_7.jpg[/img]

Oh, you meant my REAL significant other, not some of my fantasy women?

Dunno who the others are but the guy who does AJs and my guitars plays lead in SQs band (little name dropper that I am)

Do you want us to ask for an autograph, item of clothing etc?

LOL

Dunno who the others are but the guy who does AJs and my guitars plays lead in SQs band (little name dropper that I am)

Do you want us to ask for an autograph' date=' item of clothing etc?

LOL[/quote']

Slight correction. He was her lead guitarist for about 10 years until 2000. He is now lead guitarist for Steve Harley.

Of course, you all realise that she is no longer a Colonial. We have nicked her and she is now an Essex Girl. Not quite my neighbour but fairly close.

To continue a string from a couple of months ago...........

You give is Suzi Quatro

We give you Victoria Beckham.........................and you can keep her!

Slight correction. He was her lead guitarist for about 10 years until 2000. He is now lead guitarist for Steve Harley.

Of course' date=' you all realise that she is no longer a Colonial. We have nicked her and she is now an Essex Girl. Not quite my neighbour but fairly close.

To continue a string from a couple of months ago...........

You give is Suzi Quatro

We give you Victoria Beckham.........................and you can keep her![/quote']

Thank you for correction, just goes to prove I never listen LOL!

I don't quite think that an item of Steve Harley's clothing would attract KSD in quite the same way as SuzyQs!

Victoria Beckham eh? ..........................................................didn't she used to be someone?

John

Victoria Beckham in 1998 yes,

Victoria Beckham in 2008 no.

At some point in those ten years her face froze into one expression and it's unpleasant.

Mel C, absolutely. I'll even pay the postage.

a2aip5.jpg

Oh, the other two are Susan Tedeschi and Sue Foley, Tele spankin' ladies from this side of the pond (Sue from our northern neighbor).

Victoria Beckham in 1998 yes' date='

Victoria Beckham in 2008 no.

At some point in those ten years her face froze into one expression and it's unpleasant.

Mel C, absolutely. I'll even pay the postage.

Oh, the other two are Susan Tedeschi and Sue Foley, Tele spankin' ladies from this side of the pond (Sue from our northern neighbor).[/quote']

Agreed KSD. I have a dvd called Strat Pack on which Theresa Andersson played a few songs with a Strat (unsurprisingly). Can't find it on You Tube but check it out - it's brill.

Here she is (I think) with a far more acceptable weapon of choice.

Cheers

Since this topic is heading in a certain direction' date=' this is for those who don't browse the Les Paul section:

http://forums.gibson.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=4318[/quote']

Clearly many of the pics were too racey and have been moderated.

I'm looking forward to the new section dedicated to Gibson's forthcoming sponsorship of the USA womens swimming team..................well we can wish can't we?

Clearly many of the pics were too racey and have been moderated.

I'm looking forward to the new section dedicated to Gibson's forthcoming sponsorship of the USA womens swimming team..................well we can wish can't we?

Why the USA women's team?

Does the UK team consists of mullers?

Does the UK have a team?

Does anyone care?

It's a 7 to 10 split

THE DRIGS DON'T WORK!

Why the USA women's team?

Does the UK team consists of mullers?

Does the UK have a team?

Does anyone care?

It's a 7 to 10 split

THE DRIGS DON'T WORK!

GB would have a ladies team in any event, not womens, Gawd Bless 'em! Our ladies have won a gold and a bronze so far =P~

And another thing..............why would Gibson sponsor anything British; you can hardly find a guitar to buy in these parts. I'm starting a petition to have them sponsor the England cricket team!

GB would have a ladies team in any event' date=' not[u'] womens[/u], Gawd Bless 'em!

Oh Hades

Did I tell you that I am about to emmigrate?

You are going to get so slaughtered for that one!

I emphasised your point in the quote above to drop you straight in the khaki before i go

See you!

ROFLMAO

Hey a British "lady" won the "woman's" cycling road race in this year's olympics.

Hey thanks GB

Was just down stairs waiting to watch the highlights programme!

WOT time now

She didn't crunch her shimanos or her campagolas (<??)

Way to go we (that is GB) won something!

That Phelps guy is a bit useful if AlbertJohn can establish that his paternal great great grandmother was born in Chelmsford perhaps he can get into the English cricket team!

BR

John

Campagnolo. My bikes have to be Italian. My saddles (bicycle) have to be English. My guitars have to be American. My women have to be alive (though I lean towards ones from the far east).

Also, a British "lady" took silver in the "woman's" cycling individual time trial.

Maybe, I should be riding in England.

Archived