Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone's Significant Other Also Play a Gibson?

zombywoof

Nice try to get this thread back on track Murph. Here, I'll lend a hand. My wife plays an SWD. She played when I met her, but doesn't much anymore. Practice no longe seems to be in the cards for her. I found out though that it's because as she gets older the dread is much harder for her to play. SO, looking for another Gibby, a subject for another thread.

I'm rather envious of all of you who have other halves who play the guitar. Mine hates me playing but will tolerate it if it impresses one of her friends. (Yes it could be my lack of talent but I think not!) Playing guitar is a rather private affair for me.

The children think it's cool and my no2 (Fred 12) is now learning. The cats and dogs run and hide when the cases comes out.

She'd love to handle a Gibson but I fear this would precede a Pete Townshend moment involving the crown of my head!

Happy days!

I'm rather envious of all of you who have other halves who play the guitar. Mine hates me playing but will tolerate it if it impresses one of her friends. (Yes it could be my lack of talent but I think not!) Playing guitar is a rather private affair for me.

The children think it's cool and my no2 (Fred 12) is now learning. The cats and dogs run and hide when the cases comes out.

She'd love to handle a Gibson but I fear this would precede a Pete Townshend moment involving the crown of my head!

Happy days!

Mine is very supportive but does not want to play herself. She listends to the ever improving (apparently) cacophony I make in the attic and praises when due. She complains bitterly when I stop mid song ( I was just getting into that" (she likes "Puff the Magic Dragon")

Like many of you my children are more interested. My son plays lead in Awful Sparks and wheras I don't always see the music I think he plays very very well see

He's the one trying to hide playing the LP copy ( which incidently is one of mine and I didn't know I'd lost!!)

My daughter and step daughter are thinking about risking their manicures.

I suppose that sooner or later we may form the UK equivalent of the Partridge family but only if the kid's uncle joins in!

Archived