Gibson Brands Forums

Which Tribute is Gibson making a 2nd run of ?

truetone6

Henry J posted this on his forum yesterday:

"The Les Paul tribute guitar was introduced as a very limited run in memory of Les Paul who recently left us. We have already built out the number of units we had told everyone we would build. Some dealers were on top of how great this instrument was and how popular it would become, but many actually passed on the original offer. Some of those dealers tried to place orders after the limited number was already sold out.

We have just committed to another large run of this product. It is still a single run and when it gone the model will no longer be manufactured per our current plans. We are working on a series of products that will be just as affordable and exciting.

We do listen. It takes time to do things right.

We will keep you informed."

But which "Les Paul Tribute" was he referring to ? The "Les Paul '52 Tribute"

69134_l.jpg

or the "Les Paul Studio 50's Tribute"?

LPST5WGCH1-Finish-Shot-1.jpg

Thst's what I'm thinking it is.

Craig

I agree,but I wish Henry or someone at Gibson would clarify Henry's remarks.They are already all over the internet and a majority of the people in other forums who have posted about Henry's announcement believe that Henry was referring to the "Studio '50s Tribute". That is because he said:

"It is still a single run and when it is gone the model will no longer be manufactured per our current plans. We are working on a series of products that will be just as affordable and exciting."

They don't see a $3,348.95 Les Paul as affordable.

ain't building more of the 50s tribs are they? that will be going back on there word!

H Juszkiewicz (HenryJ), on 25 July 2010 - 09:42 AM, said:

The tribute guitar is a limited run. This was made clear before it was made available to dealers.

Henry

H Juszkiewicz (HenryJ), on 05 October 2010 - 07:41 PM, said:

The tribute Les Paul's were limited to one production run.

Henry

H Juszkiewicz (HenryJ), on 08 October 2010 - 07:55 PM, said:

There is a rumor that a few more guitars will be produced. If they are produced they will only be sold in a limited number of stores and will not be be available for pre-sale or mail order...

This has not been committed to, but is a real possibility. If it happens, it should be announced in a few weeks.

All the best

Henry

Possible - depends on which tribute his latest quote "The Les Paul tribute guitar was introduced as a very limited run...We have just committed to another large run of this product." referred to.

As Riverside pointed out:

No point in reading it, you can't believe any of it anyway.

they ain't building more of the 50s tribs are they? that will be going back on there word! what also makes the 50s tribs exciting is there rarity especially the gts, so anyone know what henry is talkin bout

Slow down there, sparky...I ordered this guitar before you did, and I still haven't received mine. As far as I'm concerned, a second run would just be finishing the rest of the first run they never shipped.

Slow down there, sparky...I ordered this guitar before you did, and I still haven't received mine. As far as I'm concerned, a second run would just be finishing the rest of the first run they never shipped.

I don't think they even finished building the 1st run yet.

I don't think they even finished building the 1st run yet.

Sorry Black Flag. I didn't mean that to be just mean... I didn't think of you guys who were in that boat, again sorry .. msp_crying.gif

And you are probably right on ordering before me, I ordered mine from M.F. the beginning of June, but got one from ash ib]nstead a while back.

And as far as the first run still being produced, I just got my confirmation from sweetwater that my Honey is on its way.....

Archived