Gibson Brands Forums

Jeez, What Happened to Gibson??!!

jnastynebr

Sorry, slow day.

What I would really like an opinion on is bridge pups.

I have a custom alnico II pup in the neck, and a Burstbucker Pro in the bridge. I'm looking for a pup with a little lower output for the bridge, preferably an alnico II. I need something a little more forgiving. I have been looking at the SD Pearly, 59, and APH-1. I'm a little leery of dropping a bill plus on a Burstbucker II, and if possible, would like to find something used on ebay. If anyone has recs on a medium output PAF style bridge humbucker, I would like to consider a few more options before I start pulling the trigger.

Thanks,

jnastynebr

My favorite humbucker is the Gibson 57 and if you want something a little hotter, but not too dirty, I highly recommend the 57+. It's what I have on the bridge position of my SG. Plenty of sweet highs and it only takes a little boost from my OD808 to go into Marc Bolan style nirvana.

My favorite humbucker is the Gibson 57 and if you want something a little hotter, but not too dirty, I highly recommend the 57+. It's what I have on the bridge position of my SG. Plenty of sweet highs and it only takes a little boost from my OD808 to go into Marc Bolan style nirvana.

+1 to that. I have '57 in the neck & '57+ in the bridge.

Archived