Gibson Brands Forums

Which guitar player makes the best faces?

jaxson50

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, IMHO...Gary Moore may have note blizzard, faster chops, but he has NO soul, compared

to Albert King! Flash over substance!

CB

no soul? i hope you mean compared to king in your opinion and not "no soul" period? :-k

Moore's playing has atmosphere from the get go, he sucks you in and suspends you on his strings taking you to places that you've never imagined without ever even leaving your chair.

For those about to rock, Sir Gareth Moorester, we most humbly salute your genius.

no soul? i hope you mean compared to king in your opinion and not "no soul" period? :-k

Moore's playing has atmosphere from the get go, he sucks you in and suspends you on his strings taking you to places that you've never imagined without ever even leaving your chair.

For those about to rock, Sir Gareth Moorester, we most humbly salute your genius.

Yeah, that's just "my" opinion. Not trashing Gary's playing, at all.

It's just that to me, "less notes, more feeling, is more," in "Blues."

In "Rock" (or "Metal),"...go for it! But, to each his/her own. ;>)

CB

Yeah, that's just "my" opinion. Not trashing Gary's playing, at all.

It's just that to me, "less notes, more feeling, is more," in "Blues."

In "Rock" (or "Metal),"...go for it! But, to each his/her own. ;>)

CB

fair enough point CB [thumbup]

Greek Fro?

It was. My wife doesn't dig on the long hair and since I am not playing out like I used to I keep it short for convenience. In the winter I sport a King Leonidas beard so it isn't all business formal.

It was. My wife doesn't dig on the long hair and since I am not playing out like I used to I keep it short for convenience. In the winter I sport a King Leonidas beard so it isn't all business formal.

Oh, i have the greek fro now...might get it cut though. [crying]

Oh, i have the greek fro now...might get it cut though. [crying]

You gotta let it grow while you're young. In late high school and through my jr. year in college I was sporting the long locks. 2007 was my year of growing it back after ten+ years of going short. Once you get hitched it's nice and clean or you're in-laws will think their daughter married a Neanderthal.

Archived