Gibson Brands Forums

Restringing today

Pixel

Both my main guitars (Evie the Taylor and Damien the Ibanez) were due. But restringing in the presence of two cats is absolutely hilarious and requires speed and skill, as well as a healthy dose of patience and humor. Winding strings with two cats trying to alternately bite off or bat at the ends is a challenging task. :P Then of course as soon as the old string comes off, it is their favorite cat toy... until I start winding the new one.

Anyone else deal with this?

Had to plus one that.....Cats are fun. Can't imagine it's too dangerous for them, but I wouldn't leave strings around the house for them to find. I had a Maine coon cat who when he was a kitten used to pearch on my guitar headstocks and reach out and play the first couple of frets along with me; as he got bigger he didn't understand why he couldn't fit there anymore. Also had a cat who studied me studying guitar, and he learned that he could sit in front of them on stands, reach out and pluck them; I'd watch him sit and go, twang, twang, twang.......Lots of fun. When your cats start plugging in your amps, thats when to start worrying...( Check out the THUD thread if you ever get bored ).......Cats are something though, and a +1 for you...

[thumbup] +1 for your second post as well.. Gotta run; cat gut my tongue..

Oh yeah, happens every time I do. They know the sound and come to my room when I restring. The ones I take off get coiled up and my cat will bat it around until it comes undone, bolt out of there faster than you can imagine, then poke at it for the next half hour. My sister's cat just tries to eat them... he's not the brightest

Recently I started messing with open tunings. My cats like it when I play, but for some reason, open G and D tuning fascinates them. They sit on the couch across from me and just STARE. A little unnerving.

Cats are so cool and so strange and mine are the most awesome cats ever. :P

The grey tabby was rescued along with three littermates from a dumpster when they were only a few days old. Mother was nowhere to be found and the kittens were nearly starved. They were taken in and hand raised, and later adopted out at 12 weeks old. I picked him because when I went to see them, he was the one on his foster-mother's lap, would not play or say hi or anything. The others were bouncy and curious and troublemakers. I knew if I picked him, he would bond tightly with me, and I would become "mama." I was right. He is a very sweet, affectionate cat, and looks at me like he KNOWS me. weird and cool.

The black one I found just before a moonless midnight, on my way home from a date. I saw a little streak run across the dirt road on the way to my house, and shouted for my date to stop the car. I got out and found these two little eyes staring up from nothingness in the black of night. He meowed up at me, so I picked him up. He jumped down, ran a few steps, then stopped and looked back up at me, mewling. This time he decided to take his chances with me when I picked him up. I brought him home and my tabby, who was a little under a year old, immediately adopted him. He was only 4 weeks old and eaten alive by fleas and worms. The vet was so pleased I rescued him that he treated him for free.

Two best cats in the world. Fun, affectionate, and grateful. =)) [love]

Archived