Gibson Brands Forums

Fulltone OCD

Bluemoon

Just picked up a fulltone OCD overdrive pedal for use with my LP and Valve Junior. Decided to extend the life of my VJ for a six months to a year. I was a little worried that I didn't have enough clean headroom to use it. But it sounds sweet through the VJ. Really adds some versatility without sucking out the tone. I love it.

It is a little expensive--150 new. But I plan on getting either a fender blues jr, Peavey Classic 30 or Vox ac15 down the road so I figured the overdrive pedal would come in handy.

I like my OCD quite a bit - especially through the little Blackheart. It sounds great with the new 18w Marshall too, but I am using it less since that amp is sounding so good plugged straight in. I imagine the OCD would sound good with any tube amp.

Seems like the OCD is a good match with a tube amp. I think it is going to extend the life of my Valve Junior until I figure out what amp to get in the future. The only issue with the VJ and OCD is that the amp doesn't have a ton of clean headroom. But for bedroom practice levels it rocks.

Archived