Gibson Brands Forums

LP Standard 2010 Limited RIP?

RoadDeville

Curious - what is a "RIP"?

Robot Interface Pack - it's the interface that goes between the guitar and a Windows or Mac computer. The RIP converts the guitar's analog signal to a digital signal so it can be accessed by all kinds of software. Gibson usually includes Guitar Rig software. The RIP can handle the master guitar output and piezo pickup output for acoustic sounds, and the RIP can also extract a signal from each individual string, and process each one with individual effects. The RIP also converts the guitar output to Midi. The outs are firewire, midi, and line.

DarkFireRIPbox1_.jpgDarkFireRIPbox2_.jpg

So RoadDeville how do you like the guitar? Fit, finish, features, etc?

I order one back in July through my authorized Gibson retailer. So far Gibson seems more interested in building Firebird X's than fullfilling backorders for a guiatr they first advertised and have continued to promote since May 2010. My dealer cannot get any kind of delivery date from Gibson. It's a very sad way to treat a repeat customer and their dealers. I'm at a point where I've lost faith in Gibson. I'm strongly considering cancelling this order and using the money to purchase a guitar from a different company, one that seems to APPRECIATE it's customers. Gibson customer service....please take note!

• 4 months later...

So RoadDeville how do you like the guitar? Fit, finish, features, etc?

I order one back in July through my authorized Gibson retailer. So far Gibson seems more interested in building Firebird X's than fullfilling backorders for a guiatr they first advertised and have continued to promote since May 2010. My dealer cannot get any kind of delivery date from Gibson. It's a very sad way to treat a repeat customer and their dealers. I'm at a point where I've lost faith in Gibson. I'm strongly considering cancelling this order and using the money to purchase a guitar from a different company, one that seems to APPRECIATE it's customers. Gibson customer service....please take note!

oops sorry was going to ask if you'd received it yet but noticed you had in another thread.

Ordered mine in October, still waiting and no news either, guess just gotta be patient.

I was surprised to see others had ordered theirs months earlier, as I didn't think it had been up on the website that long.

Wandered down the Music store and out of curiosity asked for the price, got really great quote and ordered then and there.(won't disclose btw)

Archived