Gibson Brands Forums

"Epi" guitars, tell me about them

crust

I was at the local pawn shop last week and saw a stratocaster type electric guitar with the "hockey stick" headstock with the brand name "Epi" printed on it. The guitar was kind of the "olympic white" (off white) color. It looked cool. I didn't play it or ask how much but did notice the cool head stock and "Epi"(not Epiphone) logo. Anyone know anything about these guitars ?

Look to your hearts content - courtesy of RTH

From Epi Lounge "DIY" thread", Cross-Reference and Comparison Guide Section:

EPIPHONE STRAT and TELECASTER Specifications Guide

(Thanks to Robin the Hood for the "heads up"!)

http://epiphone.3house.com

EDIT: Link corrected to take you directly to STRAT page, there are also

other pages there, just click on header to view. Thanks for the catch, RTH.

Look to your hearts content - courtesy of RTH

From Epi Lounge "DIY" thread", Cross-Reference and Comparison Guide Section:

EPIPHONE STRAT and TELECASTER Specifications Guide

(Thanks to Robin the Hood for the "heads up"!)

http://epiphone.3house.com/1998.html

Hey, I meant to tell you that the link goes to my 1998 spec. guide. Just drop the "/1998.html" and its good to go. [thumbup]

Crust, if you follow Animalfarm's link, click on the "Epi Strat Guide" link in the nav bar and you'll find the info about Epi guitars. Or you can just click the link in my sig.

I will say, however, that if its more than $75, dont buy it. The Epi line was cheap cheap cheap.

-Well look what showed up on my local CraigsList. It's in a village about 35 minutes or so away from me. So if you're anywhere near East-Central Ohio, South of Canton, then you're close to this. You could probably get it a little cheaper. This is the second time this has been listed.

Epi X-1000

L8R,

Matt

Whoah!!! $200?!?!? GTFO! That is a steal. The X-1000 was one of the top of the line superstrats that Epiphone made. I'm not sure if it outranked the USA Pro, but it was at the top. for sure. Also, those are pretty rare. I cant say I've ever seen one for sale before. And to add to the rarity of that particular guitar, it is one of the first runs. You can tell be the headstock and the funky Epiphone logo. And yes, the logo is legit. I've seen pictures of one other X-1000 (red) with the same logo. Its surprising that its not selling. The seller should be able to get more like $500 for that guitar. We're talking Ebanol fretboard, custom inlays, alder body with maple neck-thru (not set-neck), kill switches, coil-tap, binding....

not a cheap guitar by any means.

Thanks for posting this guitar! Seeing another Epiphone logo like that has added a little to the mystery of the early superstrat logos. The early S-series guitars also had some funky "Epiphone by Gibson" logos that pop up once in a great while. More pics for my collection. YAY!

Thanks again, Matt!. If its only 35 mins away, maybe you should consider buying it. [thumbup]

Whoah!!! $200?!?!? GTFO! That is a steal. The X-1000 was one of the top of the line superstrats that Epiphone made. I'm not sure if it outranked the USA Pro, but it was at the top. for sure. Also, those are pretty rare. I cant say I've ever seen one for sale before. And to add to the rarity of that particular guitar, it is one of the first runs. You can tell be the headstock and the funky Epiphone logo. And yes, the logo is legit. I've seen pictures of one other X-1000 (red) with the same logo. Its surprising that its not selling. The seller should be able to get more like $500 for that guitar. We're talking Ebanol fretboard, custom inlays, alder body with maple neck-thru (not set-neck), kill switches, coil-tap, binding....

not a cheap guitar by any means.

Thanks for posting this guitar! Seeing another Epiphone logo like that has added a little to the mystery of the early superstrat logos. The early S-series guitars also had some funky "Epiphone by Gibson" logos that pop up once in a great while. More pics for my collection. YAY!

Thanks again, Matt!. If its only 35 mins away, maybe you should consider buying it. [thumbup]

Neck through aswell?? And is that 1 mircoswitch for each pickup? Can't see so clearly on the pics, but it sure looks nice.

Neck through aswell?? And is that 1 mircoswitch for each pickup? Can't see so clearly on the pics, but it sure looks nice.

Yeah, alder body with maple neck-thru. And yep, a mini-toggle for each pickup, plus coil tap for the bridge pickup. I'm not too fond of that big 'ol Epiphone logo, but in a way its still neat because its really rare. I'd buy it for $200 in a heartbeat - budget willing, of course. Unfortunately, my budget wont be willing until after the first of the year. Somebody has got to scoop that thing up. Too good to let it slip by...

AnthemBassMan....GO BUY IT NOW!!!!

-Thought you guys might like this one. Like I said, this is the second time it has been listed. We live in a somewhat rural area here, so unless the seller listed it in another area's CraigsList, this probably will be listed again. There is also this listing for an Epi Lester in the Akron/Canton CL. I think it's a Classic although the seller says it's a Standard. But this one may be gone. It was listed a month ago.

Epi Lester

L8R,

Matt

I wish I had the money for that X-1000. Its only a few hours away from me too!

That LP is really nice too. You dont see them in that color very often. Very nice!

I also noticed that there was an Ocean TB-75 listed on the Akron CL as well. Thats the bass I play, but pre-Laguna. Near the end of the run, they changed the headstock to the Laguna style with the Laguna branding on them. Good thing I'm not GASsing for a bass right now...

-Yeah, I saw that bass too. I also saw the Warwick Rockbass with the flame top. Sweet! Quite a few good deals on there right now. Like the Gibson SG faded with a hardshell case for $400, I think. But my money has other plans for the time being. Driving a 16 year old car with 202k on it merits its spot at the top of the list.

L8R,

Matt

-Yeah, I saw that bass too. I also saw the Warwick Rockbass with the flame top. Sweet! Quite a few good deals on there right now. Like the Gibson SG faded with a hardshell case for $400, I think. But my money has other plans for the time being. Driving a 16 year old car with 202k on it merits its spot at the top of the list.

L8R,

Matt

Heh. Yeah, our Jeep Cherokee hit 200k this past year. Welcome to the 200k club!

Archived