Gibson Brands Forums

Let's hear some of your singing voices!!!!

duane v

I want to and I will...Got a long long history of recording; What a fire didn't burn and an ex didn't steal, and other unplanned bads, is all buried in storage intentionally unlabled to force a quicker move to a new home; even my recording studio is in storage...Got my Korg 3200 here though....I'll try to come up with something; perhaps the "Gibson Lounge Blues", " The Been Suspended Ditti" or something silly like that.....Like many guitarists, I sing only out of neccesity, guess I don't do that bad singing my own stuff....I'm not afraid to post stuff, just gotta locate it........

Okay, I will give it a shot. Some members have heard this song and compared my vocals to two cats having sex.

It's an original about dating a very large woman.

http://www.soundclic...8&q=hi&newref=1

Most exellent and eloquent...a definitive +1 Big Bill....love the humor.....[thumbup]

( I've recorded some funny songs, wouldn't make it past the rules here )

Dude that was funnier than hell. It put me in mind of Arlo Guthrie. [thumbup]

Did you use a Tele for the leads?

Thanks, Bill. I did use a Tele. Plugged straight into my MacBook in fact. (Actually I think it was my old PowerBook).

Thanks for the compliments! I have several projects in the works... about to release next CD with my band in Sweden, Lapis Lazuli; finished a record this summer for Gothenberg producer/songwriter Per Froberg; about to start recording songs for John Prassas' (Aesma Daeva) solo CD; took a meeting with a UK-based songwriter/producer who had 2 songs I might cut on my next CD; plus, I am butt-deep in writing my own material. Busy as hell and loving it.

surfpup: Awesome. I love country "novelty" songs. Very clever!

Big Bill: Cracked up! Kept thinking about the tall chick in Deuce Bigalow.

First Measure: I have a true appreciation for that song... my duo partner sings it and plays acoustic; not easy. Your singing voice is very pleasant, but I have to say... if that was your speaking voice at the beginning of that clip, it's a real panty-dropper!

Duane... imagine if you had never joined that other band. We'd rule the world by now. [wink]

Duane... imagine if you had never joined that other band. We'd rule the world by now. [wink]

I was playing in so many bands during 89-91... I was just totally burned out at the age of 25 and musically I was at an arrested state of development. :unsure:

Archived