Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
duane v

Let's hear some of your singing voices!!!!

What? And be accused of 'Crimes Against Humanity'?

I'll let you off lightly.

P.

ah c'mon.... just post em.... dont be shy

No reason to be shy....

I'm not a great singer either, but I even posted a little live sound-check during last years family Thanks Giving Jam...

I want to and I will...Got a long long history of recording; What a fire didn't burn and an ex didn't steal, and other unplanned bads, is all buried in storage intentionally unlabled to force a quicker move to a new home; even my recording studio is in storage...Got my Korg 3200 here though....I'll try to come up with something; perhaps the "Gibson Lounge Blues", " The Been Suspended Ditti" or something silly like that.....Like many guitarists, I sing only out of neccesity, guess I don't do that bad singing my own stuff....I'm not afraid to post stuff, just gotta locate it........

Okay, I will give it a shot. Some members have heard this song and compared my vocals to two cats having sex.

It's an original about dating a very large woman.

http://www.soundclic...8&q=hi&newref=1

Most exellent and eloquent...a definitive +1 Big Bill....love the humor.....[thumbup]

( I've recorded some funny songs, wouldn't make it past the rules here )

Okay, I will give it a shot. Some members have heard this song and compared my vocals to two cats having sex.

It's an original about dating a very large woman.

I love it... 12 Pack Sally would be a great band name too!

Thanks for the kind words Damian and Surfpup.

Pixel has it down! She is a very talented lady with the voice of an angel. I would love to hear more from her.

Dude that was funnier than hell. It put me in mind of Arlo Guthrie. [thumbup]

Did you use a Tele for the leads?

Thanks, Bill. I did use a Tele. Plugged straight into my MacBook in fact. (Actually I think it was my old PowerBook).

Thanks, Bill. I did use a Tele. Plugged straight into my MacBook in fact. (Actually I think it was my old PowerBook).

Between you and Riverside, I'm going to have to get me a Tele. Love that twang. [love]

Thanks for the kind words Surfpup, Your tune is funnier than heck. Great Stuff, and good country vocals.

Big Bill, That's some good stuff, too.

Pixel, that's quite a voice you have, thanks for sharing it with us.

Thanks for the compliments! I have several projects in the works... about to release next CD with my band in Sweden, Lapis Lazuli; finished a record this summer for Gothenberg producer/songwriter Per Froberg; about to start recording songs for John Prassas' (Aesma Daeva) solo CD; took a meeting with a UK-based songwriter/producer who had 2 songs I might cut on my next CD; plus, I am butt-deep in writing my own material. Busy as hell and loving it.

surfpup: Awesome. I love country "novelty" songs. Very clever!

Big Bill: Cracked up! Kept thinking about the tall chick in Deuce Bigalow.

First Measure: I have a true appreciation for that song... my duo partner sings it and plays acoustic; not easy. Your singing voice is very pleasant, but I have to say... if that was your speaking voice at the beginning of that clip, it's a real panty-dropper!

Duane... imagine if you had never joined that other band. We'd rule the world by now. [wink]

Duane... imagine if you had never joined that other band. We'd rule the world by now. [wink]

I was playing in so many bands during 89-91... I was just totally burned out at the age of 25 and musically I was at an arrested state of development. :unsure: