Gibson Brands Forums

Let's hear some of your singing voices!!!!

duane v

Thanks for the compliments! I have several projects in the works... about to release next CD with my band in Sweden, Lapis Lazuli; finished a record this summer for Gothenberg producer/songwriter Per Froberg; about to start recording songs for John Prassas' (Aesma Daeva) solo CD; took a meeting with a UK-based songwriter/producer who had 2 songs I might cut on my next CD; plus, I am butt-deep in writing my own material. Busy as hell and loving it.

surfpup: Awesome. I love country "novelty" songs. Very clever!

Big Bill: Cracked up! Kept thinking about the tall chick in Deuce Bigalow.

First Measure: I have a true appreciation for that song... my duo partner sings it and plays acoustic; not easy. Your singing voice is very pleasant, but I have to say... if that was your speaking voice at the beginning of that clip, it's a real panty-dropper!

Duane... imagine if you had never joined that other band. We'd rule the world by now. [wink]

Thanks Pixel [blush] That's me talking n the beginning alright, you're making me blush

BigBill just threatened me if I didn't post this song...hahahaha (no physical violence of course) - Don't ban him! :)

I've sung on two songs before...here's the most recent:

http://www.box.net/shared/tuguppmtbp

I'm not so much a fan of my own voice...also, i really don't like the "chorus" ....and i can't write lyrics AT ALL. That said, it could be the tuning of the songs - on this one my guitar was tuned standard, but i have since re-recorded this tune with my guitar tuned DGCFAD....maybe I will try again..

*cringe*

There ya go Bill! [flapper]

OK here's the only other song I have sung on....i only sing the verses...my buddy sings the chorus...

Forgive the production on this one...oversaturated guitars and all that. I still like this song though...lyrics are once again, shitty...lol.

http://www.box.net/shared/l5r5m9veyr

P.S. Bill made me post this one too!

Hey guys...

You all sound great! Some really awesome voices on this forum.

Here's my fairly pathetic contribution. The vocals and the playing both suck IMO, and the sound quality is awful (lots of hiss and ambient noise.) Oh well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIjeftQoCMQ

Nothing to watch here either (didn't want y'all to have to stare at my ugly mug,) but there's some nifty text that fades in.

Hope someone likes it. Or not, that's cool too...

Good Going Shred, you've got a perfect voice for metal. I'm sure it would lend itself to just about any kind of music.

XdemonightX, stop being so hard on yourself. That was a fine Dylan cover, and one of my favorite tunes, I like it best when the Band does it on The Last Waltz.

Good Going Shred, you've got a perfect voice for metal. I'm sure it would lend itself to just about any kind of music.

XdemonightX, stop being so hard on yourself. That was a fine Dylan cover, and one of my favorite tunes, I like it best when the Band does it on The Last Waltz.

Same here--of course, I can't match that at all. Who can?

Thanks for your vote of confidence, though. I've been working really hard on developing my singing over the past few months, and I think I can admit that I'm probably better now than I was a few months ago. I'm still not much of a singer, though.

Same here--of course, I can't match that at all. Who can?

Thanks for your vote of confidence, though. I've been working really hard on developing my singing over the past few months, and I think I can admit that I'm probably better now than I was a few months ago. I'm still not much of a singer, though.

Forget trying to match it, just sing it like you.

Also, some unpopular advice for guitarists, try hitting the Karaoke bars in your area. That way you have a forgiving audience to get comfortable in from of, and you don't have your guitar to distract you from concentrating on your vocal chords.

Thanks bud...i don't get too much of a charge outta singing but its ok...i'm horrible at writing lyrics though so I will sing when I need to but probably not much more than that lol...

Archived