Gibson Brands Forums

Angus Young Epiphone???

acdcman2345

HAs anyone heard anything about Epiphone making a Angus young signiture. i love there guitars and i dont have 2300 to drop on a gibson. im thinking of buying another epi sg and putting the angus young pickup in. heard anything on the topic! they got to make one :-)

-ACDCMAN2345-

HAs anyone heard anything about Epiphone making a Angus young signiture. i love there guitars and i dont have 2300 to drop on a gibson. im thinking of buying another epi sg and putting the angus young pickup in. heard anything on the topic! they got to make one :-)

-ACDCMAN2345-

Debbie Gibson sang a song called

"Only in my dreams"

and I am humming it right now.

Not a big AC/DC fan,

but, if you look on guitar centers website, go to the Gibby signature, look at the specs, the pickups are speecified. just drop a 57 classic next to the Young hum bucker you were thinking of putting in, and you've got angus young tone. but if you are looking for the look of the Gibby signature, youll have to wait like me waiting for Jimmy Page to wake up one day and tell the world his recording sectrets. [-o<

Not a big AC/DC fan,

but, if you look on guitar centers website, go to the Gibby signature, look at the specs, the pickups are speecified. the way I look at it, (unless you want the look of the guitar) if your looking for tone, drop a 57 classic in the neck and an A.Y. sig in the neck.

The newer Angus sigs have Pearly Gates. lol!

(or so I read...)

I think sig' guitars are a bit cheesy. If i was going to get an Angus guitar i would probably walk right past the signature model and pick up the SG standard, and if i was really bothered i would change out the pups. or if money is not flowing so easily then a G400 fits the bill nicely, def do i pick-up upgrade on the Epi though.

Do any of the signature players play their own Signatures??

My epi pictured below has gibby 57's with Jimmy Page wiring.

In standard config i.e. all push pulls in, I get great Angus tones. (well good enough for me anyway.)

I sometimes run 9's in it for a bit of extra bend.

Just use buckets of natural OD/gain till its just about to let go.

pb130118.jpg

Nick Valensi - The Strokes

Well...his main guitar is a 90's Riviera with P-94's, the one that they made his signature model after. I don't know that he actually uses the signature model since he has the original guitar that the signature model is recreating. Not saying you're wrong, I just always see him use his original one.

Ummm, none that I've seen do? 57 classic and AY sig. Did I miss something?

Well, no you didn't.

I had read it numerous times but damn it if it didn't just disappear when I went searching for it and now every one of them says it

"Comes with a Classic '57 in the neck and an Angus Young sig pickup in the bridge."

Maybe I just dreamed I read it.

It's happened more than once.

You think Jimmy Page plays his "signature model"? I think not.

Jimmy has a REAL one...Ya' know, from 1958...Why would he play his signature model?

And off of the top of my head: Steve Vai plays his own sig. I sure I could think of more...

Do any of the signature players play their own Signatures??

Alex lifeson does. well,

he actually plays the original if that counts.

Thats is pretty much the only guitar he uses for encores.

*edit* Mick Jones from Foreigner plays his sig quite a bit, me only being to one concert... :unsure:

Jimmy has a REAL one...Ya' know, from 1958...Why would he play his signature model?

And off of the top of my head: Steve Vai plays his own sig. I sure I could think of more...

Yep, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Paul Gilbert, John Petrucci, James Hetfield (occasionally you can see him playing his sig model), Dave Mustaine, etc.

There are quite a few.

Not a big AC/DC fan,

but, if you look on guitar centers website, go to the Gibby signature, look at the specs, the pickups are speecified. just drop a 57 classic next to the Young hum bucker you were thinking of putting in, and you've got angus young tone. but if you are looking for the look of the Gibby signature, youll have to wait like me waiting for Jimmy Page to wake up one day and tell the world his recording sectrets. [-o<

Didnt Page record much of zepps first album with a Fender Strat or tele? is that his big secret? Chuckle..

Archived