Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Les Paul Goldtop 57 Limited Edition (ENP7MGNH3)

Adib

• 2 weeks later...

You can hear a distinct difference between these two Les paul guitars, In my opinion the stock gibby pickups sound loads better than the stock Epi ones. I was expecting them to have very little perceptible difference and didn't listen with ears that were assuming the epi ones to sound cheap. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqxsm6w7m5o

You can hear a distinct difference between these two Les paul guitars, In my opinion the stock gibby pickups sound loads better than the stock Epi ones. I was expecting them to have very little perceptible difference and didn't listen with ears that were assuming the epi ones to sound cheap. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqxsm6w7m5o

ok.. but.. if you take a look at the thread, you will find that this particular guitar has the same eletrics of a epi les paul tribute, that comes stock with gibby 57 classics.. are you talking about these pickups, or about the pickups that comes stock with epi les paul standard (and the majority of other epis)?

ok.. but.. if you take a look at the thread, you will find that this particular guitar has the same eletrics of a epi les paul tribute, that comes stock with gibby 57 classics.. are you talking about these pickups, or about the pickups that comes stock with epi les paul standard (and the majority of other epis)?

The first thing I did with my Les Paul Ultra was put a '57 Classic in the neck position and a Burstbucker Pro in the bridge position. I highly prefer that combo to the original Epi pickups. I didn't hear much difference in changing the jack, switch, and pots though. The orange-drops make a significant difference, but I think the Alpha pots that Epiphone is using these days are alright. I've had no trouble with the jacks and switches on my SG, but I'm gonna upgrade 'em anyway. Reliability might be the issue.

The first thing I did with my Les Paul Ultra was put a '57 Classic in the neck position and a Burstbucker Pro in the bridge position. I highly prefer that combo to the original Epi pickups. I didn't hear much difference in changing the jack, switch, and pots though. The orange-drops make a significant difference, but I think the Alpha pots that Epiphone is using these days are alright. I've had no trouble with the jacks and switches on my SG, but I'm gonna upgrade 'em anyway. Reliability might be the issue.

+1 I think you've hit the nail on the head there cj.

Changing the caps will change the tone, but the pots, switch and jack cost little and are best done simply to improve reliability.

just putted some new gibson speed knobs. I know that many people preffer top hats, but I really like goldtops with speed knobs, and, for me, they're easier to use. I really liked the change [biggrin]

dsc06926y.jpg

dsc06924c.jpg

tnkz dudes.

I'm really happy with the guitar. [biggrin]

In the begining it felt a little strange on some things, but that was because I've been playing strats for nearly 10 years, and never had any H-H guitar.. But since I got used to it, and, adjusted some things (like pickup height, it plays a big role here) it just feels wonderful. The finish is beautiful, and the playability is really great too. This one would probably stay with me forever. [biggrin]

thnkz for all the help mates [biggrin]

Any idea what the neck profile is??? I know the epiphone les Paul standard these days has the fast slim taper neck profile, so I assume this does to.. would be nice to know because if its slim taper 60's then I am buying... then change up to vintage tulip tuners and a case and I am set... thanks for any info on the neck anyone can gig...thanks..

Any idea what the neck profile is??? I know the epiphone les Paul standard these days has the fast slim taper neck profile, so I assume this does to.. would be nice to know because if its slim taper 60's then I am buying... then change up to vintage tulip tuners and a case and I am set... thanks for any info on the neck anyone can gig...thanks..

well, I'm afraid I cannot answer that with confidence. but, I think it's the slim taper neck profile. I don't think it's different from epi standard les pauls. it's slimmer than the neck of a gibson gold top I've played on the day I bought this one, but I don't know wich model that one was.

Great vids man!

I recently bought this same guitar at a Sam Ash and boy do I love this thing. I didn't know that she was loaded with the 57' Classics until I saw this thread lol.

Not an average Epi, or they stepped their game up lol. I had some fret problems but nothing some files didn't fix.

Here's a picture of mine. I installed Grover tulips, a different TRC, knob pointers and I dulled the finish a bit.

Plays almost as good as my old Gibby '74 custom.

post-28767-001487700 1294556335_thumb.jpg

Great vids man!

I recently bought this same guitar at a Sam Ash and boy do I love this thing. I didn't know that she was loaded with the 57' Classics until I saw this thread lol.

Not an average Epi, or they stepped their game up lol. I had some fret problems but nothing some files didn't fix.

Here's a picture of mine. I installed Grover tulips, a different TRC, knob pointers and I dulled the finish a bit.

Plays almost as good as my old Gibby '74 custom.

wow, great to hear that.

very nice guitar man! the tulips are my next goal [biggrin]

the guitar really plays very nice, and the finish is amazing too.

glad to know that this thread is providing information about this model. I would have made an even more confident buy if this thread was up at that time [biggrin]

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...