Gibson Brands Forums

EB-0

LSAR

an Epi EB-0 popped up on kijiji here for $75$, I'm used to playing guitar so I guess I'd prefer the shorter scale, i wouldn't want it for anything serious, i just wouldn't mind having a bass just to play around with a bit, so i guess i like the price, should i bother? or should i get something different?(keeping in mind i just want it to play around with, probably mostly unplugged,)

`

Well then, I guess it was a very good price !

One sign of a really good price is that if you

hafta ask, you'll prolly be too slow.

But don't cry in your beer, cuz unplugged it

wouldn't have been much use, to anybody.

`

I like the EB-0 just fine for recording simple parts and having fun on. I'm a guitar player that likes to mess around and I don't have a lot of cash to throw around on an EB-3 or another bass so it fits perfectly for me. $75 is a great price! As far as muddy, I don't know about that one. They sound great to me, but then again, I'm not a bassist.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

$75 was a pretty good deal! Too bad it's gone........I bought one from EBay last year for $100 + $25 shipping. Works well for what I wanted it for, recording at home.

I don't think mine sounds muddy, but I guess it depends on what you're playing it through.

I got my T'Bird for $200 including the case. Maybe I paid too much! [tongue]

One thing I have been experimenting with to get different sounds out of it is to pick with a worn quarter. The sound is much more distinct, and using a worn quarter allows you to use the quarter at an angle without getting an odd scraping sound from the ridges on the edge. Using the quarter at an angle softens the attack but still lets it be a whole lot sharper than using fingers. Plastic picks have never worked very well for me. I'm not sure this makes sense, but there you have it.

Archived