Gibson Brands Forums

How long

Bluemoon

i know a couple of them left because of the mods here...

i know Neo will love the off topic section over there. and i'm sure cuda will as well. they'll prolly be back to heckle the mods here. i already belong to 3 other guitar forums, i think that's enough for me.

i personally see no difference between joining geartalk and mlp. mlp is a bigger forum with a lot of members (many who will/have join geartalk, but who cares). amd while alex is in charge, a 14 year old is the moderator. i can see they already have such meaningful topics as "who smokes marijuana?" and an anti-gay marriage thread.

to each they're own.

It is the freedom to discuss non- Gibson Les Paul topics that is the draw to GT. I have some really nice gear outside of my Les Paul, and it is nice to talk about it sometimes. I have also just started learning the whole home studio/recording thing. Those topics won't fly here, so other forums are the best place for me to get what I need.

Doesn't mean I am "leaving" the Gibson forums, and from what I have seen, there are very few who plan to do that.

I'm with ChanMan.

It's the freedom to discuss non-Gibson Les Paul topics.

I'm a member in half a dozen guitar forums.

I'm in at least a dozen forums on guitars, motorcycles, planes, guns, Jeeps, Chevy truck, guns, etc.

I too have some really nice gear outside of my Les Paul, and alot of money and time invested in them.

Off-topic is where I personally have a BIG time, especially in the blood sport of politics.... :-)

Those topics DAMNED sure won't fly here!

I never left the Gibson forums, so a comeback is not needed.

Gay marriage is an oxymoron.

Like jumbo shrimp, terribly pleased, or pretty ugly.

You guys thought I was gonna let you off easy? :-)

I am a member of a number of forums. That's not the problem. I just don't understand why you would want to make a big announcement that you are leaving and never coming back again. Doesn't make sense. Each forum has its pros/cons.

What I like about this forum is that it is focused on one brand and you don't have to wade through a pile of crap to get advice or find the information you need.

If I want to talk politics or express my opinion on some social issue like gay marriage then I will got to a different type of forum.

I am a member of a number of forums. That's not the problem. I just don't understand why you would want to make a big announcement that you are leaving and never coming back again. Doesn't make sense. Each forum has is pros/cons.

What I like about this forum is that it is focused on one brand and you don't have to wade through a pile of crap to get advice or find the information you need.

+1

I'm a member in half a dozen guitar forums.

I'm in at least a dozen forums on guitars' date=' motorcycles, planes, guns, Jeeps, Chevy truck, guns, etc. [/quote']

Jeez! You must really like to hear yourself talk. One is more than enough for me.

If I want to talk politics or express my opinion on some social issue like gay marriage then I will got to a different type of forum.

+10 I think that's why those forums exist. Talk that **** there.

Jeez! You must really like to hear yourself talk. One is more than enough for me.

Um' date=' the point I was making is, I drift in and out of this forum or that in correlation to what I'm doing at home at the time.

Most of those forums haven't seen me for months, including both the Les Paul forums.

I went to the new one to say Hi and check it out since there was the huge mass exodus.

Lotsa young guys there, and the attendant bullsh!t for sure....

+10 I think that's why those forums exist. Talk that **** there.

I'll join in ANYWHERE somebody starts talking that sh!t.

I'm an equal opportunity offender.

The most consistent thing I've observed on all those forums?

No politics allowed, right?

Well, the same old sh!t like "No war for oil" or "Bush lied, people died" invariably pops up.

Nobody seems to have a problem with it, because it's easy to be brain dead and spout off TV sound bytes.

BUT, disagree or simply ask for clarity, and suddenly the thread is deemed political and locked down.

Every time.

I disagree, Neo. I have been here a few months and I haven't seen any liberal political blathering. I have seen one person consistently add political content to non-political threads. Guess who? If we are talking about politics in music (especially songs played on Gibsons I guess) I am all for it.

We all realize that you need to talk politics - it's who you are. Fortunately you regularly have good guitar information! I appreciate it. But I don't see other people beginning to talk that ****, I see you doing it. It seems to me if you have all these other forum memberships you could save it for there.

there was at least one thread over in the CS section about gibson prices vs the us economy. i think mrktwn started it and neo offered his counterpoints. that was the only one i ever saw.

i only react to make everything "fair and balanced." #-o/ everyone is equally worthless.

You are correct SP.

Very little liberal political blathering here.

Keeps thing nice, tidy, and Gibson oriented. The focus is their brand. If I was Henry, I'd run it the same way.

I have on occasion added political content to non-political threads.

There's usually an element of humor to it. Goes along with the whole Superman/alter ego thing on the forums.

Did you ever take the time to read the story behind the username on my website?

That would explain my trolling and baiting as you perceive it, 10 paragraphs even a Lib could appreciate....

I try to have good guitar information, I'm glad you appreciate it.

I don't like seeing bullsh!t passed off as gospel, or misleading assumptions accepted as fact.

I know a thing or two about guitars and I don't mind sharing.

Did WE have access to any info when WE were starting out?.

Sorry if you feel my leanings to be a bit much, with a little consideration you might realize it's part caricature.

Be cool.

I'm staying in both places. I like it here, there, the everythingsg forum and the mlp forum. But, I'm not very active in the everythingsg forum or the mlp forum. So, most of the time, I split it up between the new forum and here. I like them both very much.

Thanks for being reasonable and respecting my opinions, Neo. I know that's difficult for you. (See I get the humor thing =P~ )

BTW, I have checked out your site, and while I disagree with many of your conclusions (no we are not going to talk about this here) I will say that I respect anyone who uses logic and reason to form their opinions as you have done. And I want to come jam in the Rattlesnake Roadhouse. (I guarantee you won't be able to talk politics over that racket!)

Archived