Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rocky4

Wish I'd been There

I saw them in 1979, a bit too young sadly in 1973. Needless to say a great experience, I grew up with their music, Led Zep II is probrably still my favourite album of all time.

I saw them in Charlotte '72. Thats one I'll never forget. [thumbup]

THAT'S RIGHT!!!! YOU TELL 'EM HOW GREAT IT WAS!!!

THE GREATEST ROCK BAND OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!

I would have seen them when they were suppose to come to the U.S. in late '79, early '80...

We all know the rest of the story..

I did how ever see Plant and Page twice in Detroit though.... msp_thumbup.gif

Good thread; folks either like em or hate em; I love them...Growing up young I heard all these great songs and it wasn't until I was about 9 that I figured out that all these songs were by the same band. They reunited for a long show as we all know on 12 10 07, and it rocked. It was filmed but hasn't been released yet ( bootlegs are available ). They were going to tour, but Plant said no.......Still says no. Would I see them on a tour? Of course. I've seen the Who recently and they are better than ever...Would Zep be the same as in their glory days? No, but, hey, we all get old.....Geezers rock; a forum example ? Guitarist = a geezer who rocks !!!!!!

Zeppelin was one of those bands live, you never knew how the show would be. The Doors were the same way live. Very different live than say, Pink Floyd.