Gibson Brands Forums

I Like Split Parallelograms

Danner

I like the split parallelograms also. Probably my most favorite. I don,t have a guitar with them, but am still hopefull. The trapezoid shape comes next favorite for me. They both scream Gibson!

Nice guitars, Jannusguy! I am sure you are 'pat' with your collection....Sweet!

RRod

What I really like about this Board is the variety of angles and levels – the possibility to just declare love for, , , f.x.split-parallelograms. I'm right behind you, they are unique and uplifting.

(Your shade of sunburst still isn't bad either).

Gibson's always had a way with inlays and bursts.

YES, I absolutely LOVE the split parallelagram inlays. Very GIBSON .. very COOL! I've mentioned several times before that I really struggled with choosing between my 45-vine & a sweet TV-SJ. Deep down I know that I probably made the wrong choice .. but things could always be worse, right? I'll make it right someday. [unsure]

vine2-1.jpg

... I really struggled with choosing between my 45-vine & a sweet TV-SJ. Deep down I know that I probably made the wrong choice ...

vine2-1.jpg

No way. Your j45 is gorgeous. All of us who love the bling are drooling over your beauty.

I've been looking at vines on and off for 3 years. Hard to come by around here.

No way. Your j45 is gorgeous. All of us who love the bling are drooling over your beauty.

I've been looking at vines on and off for 3 years. Hard to come by around here.

Thank you there, BK. Yeah, I'm a sucker for "bling" myself .. maybe even borderline "GAWDY"?!

Just when I meant to stress that you can't say split parallelograms without saying fretboard bindings, The G's Jumbo shows up.

You got a rare fish there, , , what's the story ?

Hey E-minor7, Not to speak for TheG, But his SJ is the 'Woody Guthrie SJ'...A 40's Banner headstock reissue, that apparently had the unbound neck.

I have been gassing over this one....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300494113137&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Me thinks this is a good price for this, especially with the Fishman Matrix installed.

Damn it, if someone would by my '80 Les Paul, I could swing it...Ha!

Archived