Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Danner

I Like Split Parallelograms

Hey E-minor7, Not to speak for TheG, But his SJ is the 'Woody Guthrie SJ'...A 40's Banner headstock reissue, that apparently had the unbound neck.

I have been gassing over this one....

http://cgi.ebay.com/...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Me thinks this is a good price for this, especially with the Fishman Matrix installed.

Damn it, if someone would by my '80 Les Paul, I could swing it...Ha!

Ouuh yes, forgot that one, thank you for reminding. Maybe I tend to think one way or the other, but of course it takes all sorts of all sorts to make a (Gibson)world. GoodGasLuck. . .

Yes! Yes! Ooooh bling! Yes! That vine is gorgeous (green with envy). And split parellellograms?

IMG_1196.jpg

What a nice pair - Suit each other so good. Do we see a slight modifikation : Pearl-shield'n'butterbeans ??

What a nice pair - Suit each other so good. Do we see a slight modifikation : Pearl-shield'n'butterbeans ??

Yeah, that pearl TRC is really cool. I thought about one of those for my Vine but I was afraid it would make my guitar look a little too "John Rich".

(.. you know .. the guy from that USA country duo "Big & Rich"). JR really likes his bling!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN1YxlZ3zLw

John-Rich1.gif

Hey, stop dumping on the AJ inlays. They are unique in a good way. Ah, it doesn't get enough respect anyway....

My problem with them is...you always have to 'pause' before going 'forward' or 'reverse'!

It messes my timing up.... :D

That archtop is just awesome [thumbup]

It's a 1947 L-7.

Speaking of split-parallelograms, here's the wedding ring my wife designed and had made for me.

3681941952_f83cb1f3d0.jpg

It's a 1947 L-7.

Speaking of split-parallelograms, here's the wedding ring my wife designed and had made for me.

That is too cool, very sweet. I have been wanting a nice masculine silver cuff bracelet, that design would make an awesome one!

Playing Devil's advocate for a moment

Dot's are Cool Too [sneaky]

:-({|=

Yes, they are - just dots with no bindings doin' their job. (But they would appear a bit ordinary on a ring. . .)

Hey, stop dumping on the AJ inlays. They are unique in a good way. Ah, it doesn't get enough respect anyway....

Consider me a "Forward - Reverse" kind of guy, but the inlays on the AJ are one of the things (along with the tobacco burst) that grabbed me and wouldn't let go.

That's OK though, I really never know if I am going forward or backwards anyway... I just know I will NEVER go Straight! [cool]

It's a 1947 L-7.

Way, way cool. What a woman !