Gibson Brands Forums

Update; My latest GAS - my next guitar - and sorry, it ain't a Gibson

Notes_Norton

Congrats! I must admit that I know next to nothing about these guitars, so I read through everything you stated about yours. Now I'm going to need to check them out. I'd really like to do a one-on-one comparison with a PRS because their price range is similar.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the built in Roland pickup is interesting... have you played with a guitar synth yet?

i highly advise that you don't before you sell it. :)

i actually looked at one of these but the price pushed me away. i have a GK-3 on my LP jr. now.

i'm surprised MF did not take it back!

Don

I haven't used the MIDI pickup, in fact, I haven't even plugged it in.

I played it acoustically for a few minutes with a sweat shirt on so I didn't put any marks on it.

I'd love to take it on a gig, but then I couldn't sell it as new.

The carbon/glass fretboard and stainless steel strings make playing a breeze. Bending the strings is like putting a hot knife through warm butter. Almost no resistance at all.

The carbon/glass exoskelton is supposed to add strength and resonance to the guitar. The neck is supposed to stay straight and be very resistant to warping. It also adds strength to the innovative neck joint. I've been told you can put the guitar between two chairs and stand on it, but it is something I am very reluctant to try.

It's truly a wonderful guitar. More guitar than I am a guitarist ;)

If it had a "strat" type pickup configuration, I would have kept it. I have other 2 pup guitars, and what I was after was a "superstrat". I got that with the DragonFly - which is no longer called a Dragonfly, but a Maxx Fly. Someone had a copyright on DragonFly even though they no longer produce the guitar. My DF has neither the DragonFly nor the MaxxFly name on it, so I guess it may become the equivalent of the Nocaster. So perhaps I'll call it a NoFly and play in the No Fly Zone :D

Back to the Mojo MIDI Fly. It's made in the USA too, which is a good thing!

fly_10_tuners.jpg

And it has locking tuners to boot!

Notes

Archived