Gibson Brands Forums

what did you pay for YOUR les paul traditional

Kevylot

Looks like BB got a good deal!

A good rule of thumb is 2/3 of the list.

I went to the MFers website and found a list price of $3,279.

I agree with SP, you should be able to get out the door around $2,200 in shop on the street.

The Plus with Mahogany top is $3,449 list.

Where are you looking?

I recently received a 20% discount coupon [for online orders only] from MF, that could be used for anything, so I purchased my Traditional with the coupon. I get them every once in awhile, not sure why. And I usually don't order big $$$ items online, but I thought I'd give it a go. I lucked out and my Traditional showed up in perfect condition.

If I get another one of those coupons my next purchase will be one of the following, R7, R8 or ES335.

#-o

just know what you are doing when your at Guitar Center.... I always have good luck at GC since the early 80's, but here on this forum many people hate them...

If you swim with the sharks, use shark repellant (knowledge) and make sure they aint too hungry lookin...

$1525 + tx for Ebony. Niece works at the store.

Actually bought a Classic at that price (posted was $1649 - which is still great), and then swapped straight up, though I expected to pay more (the guy said Traditional dealer cost was only $10 more then the Classic).

Alto Music in Wappingers Falls, NY. Their prices were real good to begin with. I almost bought an Am Delux Strat posted @ $1025 till I got quoted on the LP and well - THAT was a no brainer. (I will get the Fender eventually!)

The ebony is typically cheaper then the bursts also, so maybe that made a diff too.(?)

Hey - you are in CT - how far to Poughkeepsie area (off rt 84)?

$1525 + tx for Ebony. Niece works at the store.

Actually bought a Classic at that price (posted was $1649 - which is still great)' date=' and then swapped straight up, though I expected to pay more (the guy said Traditional dealer cost was only $10 more then the Classic).[/quote']

$1649.00 that's not a bad price at all..ebony looks nice :) wonder how much exactly for a burst

Archived