Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BigKahune

Beatles catalog finally on iTunes

Meh.

I download albums off of iTunes, its cheaper than CDs. Where's that kid to tell us we are stupid for paying for our music? :rolleyes:

beatles are... a band. That's all I choose to say on that subject

Meh.

I download albums off of iTunes, its cheaper than CDs. Where's that kid to tell us we are stupid for paying for our music? :rolleyes:

You being a "songwriter" could learn plenty from that.......band young Fred.

You being a "songwriter" could learn plenty from that.......band young Fred.

I don't get that vibe from the Beatles. I respect what they did, but to me, its just another pop band. If they came up now, they would be playing synths and sounding like Gaga. I have about 20 songs with lyrics right now, I think I'm doing alright [wink]

I don't get that vibe from the Beatles. I respect what they did, but to me, its just another pop band. If they came up now, they would be playing synths and sounding like Gaga. I have about 20 songs with lyrics right now, I think I'm doing alright [wink]

I think you're underestimating them. While what they do sounds pop now, their sound was pretty much unique at the time and crossed most of the genres back then.

BTW, I don't buy off of iTunes at all, the sound quality sucks and it's really just a marketing ploy - spend $200 on the toy to play it then spend $10K to fill it with music $0.99 at a time was/is simply brilliant marketing.

Meh.

I've gotten some incredibly good deals on CDs in the past. You just have to look around--check clearance, used items, etc. I don't really go in for new music that often.

I found Songs of Love and Hate for $2.99. iTunes wants $8.91 for it.

Fire of Unknown Origin is on iTunes at $8.91. I picked it up for about half of that, several years ago.

Sweet deals are sure to be found if you look for them.

I think you're underestimating them. While what they do sounds pop now, their sound was pretty much unique at the time and crossed most of the genres back then.

BTW, I don't buy off of iTunes at all, the sound quality sucks and it's really just a marketing ploy - spend $200 on the toy to play it then spend $10K to fill it with music $0.99 at a time was/is simply brilliant marketing.

I respect what they did, however, I don't care for them/

Why does everyone have to shove the Beatles down the throats of people who don't care for them? You probably don't like the White Stripes, or at least not all of their songs. You underestimate the White Stripes because they were a two piece and broke out and showed people what can be done. It was/is unique and crossed the blues/punk/ and heavier genres together into one.

God damn...

I've gotten some incredibly good deals on CDs in the past. You just have to look around--check clearance, used items, etc. I don't really go in for new music that often.

I found Songs of Love and Hate for $2.99. iTunes wants $8.91 for it.

Fire of Unknown Origin is on iTunes at $8.91. I picked it up for about half of that, several years ago.

Sweet deals are sure to be found if you look for them.

Oh yeah, some deals can be had. For new music, most CDs sell for around 14 bucks. iTunes has it for 9.99. However, I got the album Brothers for 8 bucks at Best Buy when iTunes had it for 9.99. go figure

I miss the Pepsi iTunes deal they had 4 or 5 years ago. You could get free downloads on the caps of Pepsi products. I'm a Diet Coke man, but I was drinking gallons of Diet Pepsi for the caps. I even resorted to dumpster diving. It paid off, I wound up with over a hundred credits.

Maybe it's just a generational thing. My kids can't live without their ipods. I'd rather stick a CD in and crank it up and sing along. Of course, I still like my old LPs too. [thumbup]

Now they have the most overrated band in history on itunes.

No way. [scared]

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha................

=D>

That was a joke.....right? :huh:

Here in the UK, the price for downloading say the Blue double album is £17.99. You can get the double cd for £7.99.

I'll always buy the cd, given a choice.

And won't the quality be better?

Oh yeah, some deals can be had. For new music, most CDs sell for around 14 bucks. iTunes has it for 9.99. However, I got the album Brothers for 8 bucks at Best Buy when iTunes had it for 9.99. go figure

Now, that's true--for new music, iTunes is really great, because most new albums tend to cost more as physical CDs. After all, there's packaging and labor that you're also paying for.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha................

=D>

That was a joke.....right? :huh:

Here in the UK, the price for downloading say the Blue double album is £17.99. You can get the double cd for £7.99.

I'll always buy the cd, given a choice.

And won't the quality be better?

I think we should run a test. I'm not sure how to do it. Have all of these people hear a single song. a random song. then tell me whether it was from a CD or iTunes. Why does everybody hate on iTunes?

The only major band I know of (recently) that isn't on iTunes is Tool, I'll let you make your own jokes

Now, that's true--for new music, iTunes is really great, because most new albums tend to cost more as physical CDs. After all, there's packaging and labor that you're also paying for.

I was gonna get the album anyways, I wanted the poster [biggrin]

I think we should run a test. I'm not sure how to do it. Have all of these people hear a single song. a random song. then tell me whether it was from a CD or iTunes. Why does everybody hate on iTunes?

The only major band I know of (recently) that isn't on iTunes is Tool, I'll let you make your own jokes

Good point and I know I would struggle to tell the difference. I heard an interview with, of all people, Sir Cliff Richard (you'll be too young) who insisted that cd quality was far superior to that of itunes.

Now I'm no teccy but..when you copy a cd to itunes, the amount of info for each song on the cd (say 40MB) will be about 10X that of that it ends up being on my itunes library (say 4MB).

So really what I'm saying is, does more digital info = better quality?

BTW I think itunes and ipods are a great inventions.

Meh.

Downloading the box set costs $150 on iTunes, buying the actual CD box set through Amazon costs only $130.

http://www.amazon.com/Beatles-Stereo-Box-Set/dp/B002BSHWUU/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1290006581&sr=1-1

There is NO difference from what you say above to buying a stereo for way more than $200 and then spending $10k on CD's/Albums....

You need something to play the music you buy on, pure and simple.

I buy from iTunes but i'm a lazy and impatient fella...and not an audiophile whatsoever.

Downloading the box set costs $150 on iTunes, buying the actual CD box set through Amazon costs only $130.

http://www.amazon.com/Beatles-Stereo-Box-Set/dp/B002BSHWUU/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1290006581&sr=1-1

Please read responses from myself and XDemon from roughly reply 30 on down. I am talking about new music mainly. Look at new releases, CDs cost like 14 bucks, its 9.99 on iTunes.

I'm not being a ****, but read before you try to prove me wrong

I believe that The Beatles were/are/will always be the greatest band of all time, but I understand there will always be people that don't like them. I don't understand it, but I also don't understand why people like mayonnaise, a hot humid climate, or the television show "CSI." Viva la difference...

Please read responses from myself and XDemon from roughly reply 30 on down. I am talking about new music mainly. Look at new releases, CDs cost like 14 bucks, its 9.99 on iTunes.

I'm not being a ****, but read before you try to prove me wrong

Depends on if you keep an eye out for a deal, I got Brothers for 7 bucks off Amazon. I do buy both Cd's from Amazon or the local stores and the occasional single off itunes (mainly if they were a one hit wonder or I don't like their other tunes on the CD).

This kills any argument you may have had right there.

20 songs? You're kicking A$$ pal.

Dude, I'm working on songs. Sorry I'm not as good as you. When the **** did music become a competition? I don't care for the Beatles, they would probably hate my music.

How many songs have you written, since you want to compare me to the Beatles all of a sudden?

Lady Gaga. [scared] You sure Fred? You could be correct but I'd pitch it more in the Pulp/Blur/Oasis part of the spectrum.

You have written 20 more songs than I and whether you like them or not, The Beatles wrote many great songs. You can intellectualise this stuff too much very easily but why deconstruct a few of their songs and see what hits you?