Gibson Brands Forums

Ug-Gibson-ugly!!!!!

onewilyfool

what were they thinking...???? ...

Outside the box, as they have for over a century.

Sometimes it works.

And . . . . . . . . . . . sometimes it doesn't.

I never fault Gibson for trying. [thumbup]

And I try to overlook all the Chicken Little clones crying doom when Gibson comes out with designs and tech that doesn't meet their stodgy, old fashioned expectations. . . [flapper]

The head looks a bit like a fingerless hand. Apart from that it rocks all right. What a good idea it was to keep the palet down : Gold, chrome, black, white and a couple of browns. Maybe a half dirty cream-coloured spiral-cable would take things home.

Looks to be a contemporary of the other populuxe models like the acoustic withtrumpet shaped bridge and pickle fork headstock and the similar graphic-ed Elivis Presley model.

Anyone got a time frame on this? Was this Norlin's last gasp or Henry J & Co's grasping at straws to get some market traction?

Now, if any of you have one of these, please forgive my opinion......but REALLY, what were they thinking...????

1eff6c11c48ec9677261fb4c8b6387a3-1.jpg

I wouldn't buy one ;) but I appreciate the aesthetics. The upper curve of the headstock matches the curve at the end of the body, like a graceful parentheses cradling a jagged lightening bolt. And the colors help to hold it all together.

Someone put some good thought into it.

Doug

It's certainly very geometric. I tend to be kinda conservative in my taste in guitars. [unsure]

I agree and am a traditionalist....but when talking about acoustic guitar.

Electric Guitars were made to be loud and tell everyone ...

"HERE THE F&$% I AM!!!"

I like it for an electric guitar ...really compared to a lot of them....it is pretty tame.

ZZ+Top+41.jpg

Here's something you'll really like:

JetScreamer.jpg

I think they call it the bottle opener guitar with dart headstock and trapezoid pickup. With 4 tuners, it could be a tenor guitar, but by the size of it I'd say it's a bass.

Archived