Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisA83

Kate Rusby

Suburude's post on Iris DeMent provoked me to post this, as I first heard of her when listening to a live version of the song below.

Don't know if any of you have heard of Kate - she's from the north of England not far from me [biggrin]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6hzXLwW6PY

Edit: Oh, apparently I'm not allowed to embed the video http://www.youtube.c...h?v=u6hzXLwW6PY

I used to play that song, Our Town, and I played it so much I actually got sick of it! But, she does an amazing job of it. Her voice is like dusty velvet, love it! I like the second video too. I think I'll look into more of her stuff. Thanks!

Funny you should post this! I was surfing Youtube - as you do and I came across Iris DeMent singing our Town.....I thought that was a Kate Rusby song! It is more likely that KR got it from Iris Dement - may be from You tube.

I have seen Kate Rusby several times. She is also close to my home town. She is very good, beautiful voice, but not for you if you have a depressive disposition!

Her inter-song ramblings are anoying. Just for bragging rights I have played her Gibson B-25. She no longer plays this guitar in concert.She uses one of 2 Peter Barton guitars in Braz. RW. Who says folk music dosent pay.

Heard her being interviewed on Mike Harding's radio 2 show last week. Don't know much about her but what she played sounded very good. Beautiful voice and some great guitar playing on her new album I recall.

Can't receive the first one here, but really enjoyed # 2. In a confidential forum as this, I have to reveal that something within me still believes acoustic music is the recipe for a higher world.

Wonder if my soul ever left the 70'ties. . .

(Got through to # 1 now - liked it even better. Have to check this artist, thanx for posting)

Glad you liked, I should be on commission!

You should - Awkward Annie, Underneath The Stars and Sleepless were the titles and they ought to cover the 2 songs above.

Ain't got no fireplace here, I'll put on these records instead.