Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
neilpanda

Your Favorite Gibson?

My "Other" has been discontinued....

2617719000100337768S500x500Q85.jpg

That....is...an awesome guitar.....[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

What; No 'Firebird X' option? Oh well.....

The LP.

P.

My favorite genius of few words..........classic, well spoken......Your LPs are beautiful Pippy !!!!!!

Easy - My white 1979 Les Paul Custom. I tried (in 1979) to order one thru my

local dealer as White with a MAPLE FRETBOARD - he Freaked, said it couldn't be done!

I slapped down $$$ on the counter, said ORDER IT from the FACTORY. NO GO.

I guess I was 30 years ahead of the "Raw Power" concept...

Ended up with an ebony fretboard. Never did forget about the Maple fretboard, though.

Copyof100_0361.jpg

Easy - My white 1979 Les Paul Custom. I tried (in 1979) to order one thru my

local dealer as White with a MAPLE FRETBOARD - he Freaked, said it couldn't be done!

I slapped down $$$ on the counter, said ORDER IT from the FACTORY. NO GO.

I guess I was 30 years ahead of the "Raw Power" concept...

Ended up with an ebony fretboard. Never did forget about the Maple fretboard, though.

Copyof100_0361.jpg

(high pitched voice) OH NOOOOO......don't do that Mr Sluggo!!!! [biggrin]

AF, in your pic, the white Custom looks just like the '75 Natural Custom I had for a few yrs.......good guitar, hated to sell it, but had to. "it's gonna cost HOW much to divorce her? [scared]"

Had I answered this poll before this past October, i'd have said "my LP", but I had to click on "SG" (Standard) because it's quickly become my "go-to" guitar.....it's a LOT lighter than my LP, Strat,or Tele.......has a wonderful neck, tone for days, and with my multi-effect unit it's as versatile as any guitar I own......it sounds equally amazing whether i'm pushing straight thru my Blackstar, or modeling a '59 Bassman, '59 Marshall, '65 Twin Reverb, or modern Diezel Hebert amp.

It's also a "front loader" which has become more important as trauma induced arthritis(football & equestrian injuries) has hobbled my back, hip, and both knees, causing me to HAVE to play sitting 90% of the time, as opposed to the 0% I used to sit.

The smaller, thinner body make it an absolute JOY to play sitting !!

I love it so much that my Mrs. has told me to go ahead and get a Standard in Ebony (my current is Cherry)the next chance I get......she sure doesn't have to twist MY arm...i'd already planned on it.

Flying-V

I used to play Vs exclusively (was a V freak), then went to Explorers and SG's and back to V's.

Now, other than my customs, I own more SG's than anything but my heart will always be with the V.

Flying-V

I used to play Vs exclusively (was a V freak), then went to Explorers and SG's and back to V's.

Now, other than my customs, I own more SG's than anything but my heart will always be with the V.

Same here. I've had a V for years and only recently branched out to other guitars.