Gibson Brands Forums

2010 Nighthawk

Jeff-7

I must say that is a really nice Gibson and at a great price range too!

Don't really like the nighthawks though.....it looks like a LP dropped on its butt and everything shifted [biggrin]

The Chicago Blue is the best colour though~!

There is a 2009 Edition Nighthawk at Wildwoodguitars, NOS

Nice guitars, I like what Gibson is doing, but there is more comming. Good bang for the buck.

I would like to see this in a soild body & Maple cap setup. Even a 2 piece back would be cool. I don't like the Chambered guitars.

But that's just my opinion

Nice guitar; string through, awesome tops and colors, light weight, $1500.00 or less for a skilled shopper....I don't consider poplar a hardwood, but.....and 4.4 lbs, nice....

This is perhaps what Guitarest is looking for.......Just today I recieved a guitar which I chose to fill the role of a nighthawk; Semihollow, no F-holes, goldtop, one HB and one P-90.....

Now this work of art.......Beautiful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the post.....

I love the maple necks. Not sure about the poplar body, though. Last guitar with a poplar that I played was a Squire.

My thoughts exactly...I always considered poplar a cheap tone-wood..It was pretty cheap when I worked at Home-Depot as well compared to other woods...

I wonder what type of neck is on this thing, would it be a 50's thick or equal to a 60's thin? The price is right there with that Ibanez (MRP) in my previous thread. It comes with a case and I really like the Blue color I wonder how it sounds; kinda reminds me of the older LP Elites with the H/S/H and a 5 ways..

From what I gathered it's going to be close to a 60's neck, slim profile. As for the maple neck, with a Rosewood fingerboard is there going to be a lot of brightness to its sound? Not so sure about the poplar body but that AAA maple cap sure is nice.

I wouldn't expect the Neck to feel like any Gibson you're used to. It has Slim (kinda like a 60's) neck profile, but a 25.5 inch scale length (like a fender). It'll probably feel like a fender with more rounded neck. That's kinda what my Nighthawk feels like, and except for a slightly wider fingerboard, the specs are pretty close to the original Nighthawk neck.

Personally I'm a little disheartened by the lack of M-Series slanted Bridge Humbucker, but Burstbuckers are great, and it allows for easier Pickup Swap. The Poplar Body and Maple Neck give me pause, as well. I can't imagine it having the same Sustain as my '95.

Archived