Gibson Brands Forums

Everlong - Foo Fighters cover

EuroAussie

We were in our rehearsal space tonite, where I road tested my old, battered Cort Earth 100. I'm considering using at gigs where Im not sure of venue or audience ... other words, possibly slightly dodgy.

I remember it sounded pretty good plugged in as it has a Fishman pup, and combined with a Fishman aura very warm and balanced sound.

Anyway, we started jamming and recorded this Foo Fighters cover which we both quite like. Played in dropped D tuning as a single track.

Would be keen to get your opinion on the cover and in particular how the Cort sounds, and whether you would use it out in a live setting based on the tone you hear ? I jus dont want to risk he SWD in some places ... you know what I mean.

http://www.reverbnation.com/taylorprague#!/artist/song_details/6079567

thanks a lot,

Mark

I love the song and you did it well. It's a hard song to get right. I can't.

Enjoyed it alot. I thought the Cort sounded fine and would be good enough for a live setting. Try it and see.

Would be interested to know how the song is received in a live situation.

I love the song and you did it well. It's a hard song to get right. I can't.

Enjoyed it alot. I thought the Cort sounded fine and would be good enough for a live setting. Try it and see.

Would be interested to know how the song is received in a live situation.

Thanks a lot AJ. Yes, i thouht actually the Cort sounded pretty good, surprisingly. I must say it has a lot with the strings I placed on it, which were the EXP Dadarrios which i never tried before and wanted some mileage. This guitar really responds well to them and Ive had them on now for some 3 months !

We roadtested this track for the first time last Thursday when we played in a pub, have to say it went down really, really well. There is something about the Foo Fighters that people really enjoy and react positively to.

Definitely worth placing in a set if you need an energy 'pick up'. We will probably be now starting our set with this track followed by Personal Jesus ... in key of Johnny Cash.

cheers !

Sounds good to me Euro... The guitar sounds fine on this recording with your voice also, Rod

Thanks a lot Rod, but need full disclosure here, definitely not my voice, but my vocalist who was sitting next to me, he needs a lot of the credit !

cheers.

Nice job ! I play in a 2 piece also. One guitar /one singer, same line up as you guys. We are much more silly than we are good that's for sure. We play that version also, but with mixed results. Seems like it depends on if the crowd is familiar with that version..........if not we just get very confused stares !I'll send you a link to our website when I figure out how and also some other songs that we do. You might cull some ideas or else figure out what not to do(looking at us!)

Nice job ! I play in a 2 piece also. One guitar /one singer, same line up as you guys. We are much more silly than we are good that's for sure. We play that version also, but with mixed results. Seems like it depends on if the crowd is familiar with that version..........if not we just get very confused stares !I'll send you a link to our website when I figure out how and also some other songs that we do. You might cull some ideas or else figure out what not to do(looking at us!)

Thanks a lot J45 - our experience has been that this song certainly goes down a treat, especially with the young expat audience that we often play to here in Prague. Please do send me a link to your covers, always good to compare and make suggestions ! cheers.

Archived