Gibson Brands Forums

new tune

markwillplay

thanks, actually, I did it here at the house with my old boss eight track. I do all my demos that way. Two guitar tracks, two vocals. I have one fairly cheap large diaphram condencer mic. You just figure out how to use your equipment after a while to get themot out of it. I have done the full pro-recording gig many times and there is just no need for my demos. I do appreciate your compliment. This recording really came out pretty clean. The guitars had very little reverb and the vocal had just a smidge more. Makes everything a little clearer. I find that when I record two guitars and cross fade them a bit, just a tad of verb can muddy things up and notes get lost. Anywho..thanks [thumbup]

"Tryin Man" is actually in Eb. I tune down half step and use a cut capo for it but you could go to DADGAD and capo 2 (which I used to use a lot). Double drop D would do it too. I used to use all sorts of drop tunings but it is a pain live so I have tuned down a half step to use cut capos when I can (songs I used to write or play in Dadgdad) and am trying to write as much in standard tuning. As for this new tune, I wanted a tune in 6/8 (fast strummer) but to my ear, the lyrics were a little too sentimental for that so I ended up with a bit of a hybrid. Still room for a fast 6/8 in my set.

Archived