Gibson Brands Forums

New song on new J-45 Standard

flatbaroque

Gday guys,

Here's a link to the first song I've written and recorded on my J-45 standard bought when on holidays in Japan.Just a home recording on a Tascam DP-01 digital recorder with shure 57 and 58 mics.I'm very happy with with the way the guitar records....pure Americana sound....even if I am an Aussie.

Cheers all

http://www.supload.com/listen?s=6AOpP5

Nice work mate ! I definitely hear shades of Tom Waits, and that cant be a bad thing.

Nice atmosphere and playing, vocals certainly suit that J-45 tone !

thanks for posting.

cheers.

Gday guys,

Here's a link to the first song I've written and recorded on my J-45 standard bought when on holidays in Japan.Just a home recording on a Tascam DP-01 digital recorder with shure 57 and 58 mics.I'm very happy with with the way the guitar records....pure Americana sound....even if I am an Aussie.

Cheers all

http://www.supload.com/listen?s=6AOpP5

Guys thanks for the nice feedback. I only really only play for myself, family and friends so it's good to get some comments.Have done a few gigs in the past but that's a while back now.I've found this guitar to be really conducive to songwriting.I have another acoustic with a wonderful tone - a Martin OM-18V. But the J-45 definitely has easier playability- probably the short scale and not a v neck.

Also got a Larrivee D-03 which I hardly pick up as the other two kill it tonally to my ears.

For those who wondered the other sound on the song is a melodica.One of those blow into keyboard things.My daughter bought it for me last Xmas. Fisrt time i've used it. I can't really play keyboards but that never stopped me finding an interesting sound out of something.

Cheers

Archived