Gibson Brands Forums

Table Manners!

midiman56

Ahhh ... remember those? Pretty much a lost art as far as I can see ...

That being said, I am NOT going to be wearing a jacket, tie and suspenders at the dinner table tomorrow. Pants however, and NOT optional at my table ... they are required and I am a stickler for that little detail ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4X8sqXlxq4

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

Jim

Yes,pants is a must.

Especially if you're eating hot soup. [biggrin]

Jim, this is probably more suited for the lounge, don't you think?

You probably meant to put it in there, I'm sure.

Happy Thanksgiving right back!

Jim, this is probably more suited for the lounge, don't you think?

You probably meant to put it in there, I'm sure.

Shoot! I goofed (thanks for pointing it out, Grinchy! [wink] )

If Duane stumbles across this, maybe he'll move it to where it belongs ...

Jim (The REAL Turkey)

Happy Turkey Day to One and All!

Jim,

A little off topic...maybe not.

Your blast from the past got me to thinking. (I do that sometimes) I got to thinking about the differences between then and now.

Kids growing up today live in a different world so I'm sure "our" ways of life mean nothing to them. Sometimes though, I think of the things that have been lost.

I recall my first day of school. It was the one and only time our mothers took us so we would know the way. There were no school buses so you walked. It didn't matter if it was a block or a mile. (for me it was uphill..both ways...in the snow...barefoot)

We soon learned that school was fun. You went to learn, but unlike today, you didn't have to have your PHD by the time you were 15.

After school was fun time. Sometimes it was baseball, sometimes football, sometimes just hanging out with buddies.

Of course, there was the occasional fight. Back then you fought until someone got a black eye or a bloody nose. After that, the fight was over. Your parents always found out about it. You always got in trouble. It didn't matter because the next day you and the other guy, somehow, ended up being friends.

By the time we were 8 we could go anywhere around town we felt like. The only stipulation was to be home by dinner. They didn't have cell phones. Around 5 or 6 o'clock your mother would go out on the porch and call out your name. That was a call you didn't want to miss! If you weren't home by dinner you may as well have shot the Pope.

Summertime on a relatives farm (working). Summer camp, having a part time job by the time you were 12. Drive in movies, 10 cent Saturday matinees, first time bust by the local cop. (usually beer and buddies or you and a girlfriend in the back seat of a car) I could go on and on.

Well, so much for nostalgia. Anyway, today is a day to be thankful.

I only hope that when the time comes; our kids and grand-kids will look upon their "good old days" with the same fondness and gratitude with which I recall mine.

Willy

I recall my first day of school. It was the one and only time our mothers took us so we would know the way. There were no school buses so you walked. It didn't matter if it was a block or a mile. (for me it was uphill..both ways...in the snow...barefoot)

You had snow? We had to walk both ways barefoot on broken glass!

Archived