Gibson Brands Forums

Having fun with my Les Paul Custom

bluesguitar65

Excellent playing, as always! Beautifull production, what software are you using?

Thanks! I was having fun editing the video as well. I used iMovie 09' that came installed on my Apple Macbook laptop. Very easy video editing software to use and I used garageband software to record the audio tracks. Garageband also already installed on the macbook laptop. I love my macs! [biggrin]

Very cool, but where is the other one? (That was the NOS Custom, right?).

Okay, I want to be able to do this (post videos/amp/effects demos etc.). I need more info. I know you use a webcam, and at the end of the video this time you list the audio interface. What all do I need?

I picked up a Sure SM57 today at GC (a small rebate from Sure plus GC 15% off made it as good a deal as I've seen so far on one). I recall seeing a mixer listed in the past. Is that used in conjunction with the audio interface, or does one replace the other?

I have a web cam (need to learn how to use it, it's on my new computer- never used the camera yet). And I'll need a video editing program of some sort (PC guy, no apple stuff except the iPod, but pretty sure I have something available for free that will work).

Can you give a bit more detail on the what/how/why stuff?

Really appreciate all the videos you've done, very cool, please keep them coming!

Very cool, but where is the other one? (That was the NOS Custom, right?).

Okay, I want to be able to do this (post videos/amp/effects demos etc.). I need more info. I know you use a webcam, and at the end of the video this time you list the audio interface. What all do I need?

I picked up a Sure SM57 today at GC (a small rebate from Sure plus GC 15% off made it as good a deal as I've seen so far on one). I recall seeing a mixer listed in the past. Is that used in conjunction with the audio interface, or does one replace the other?

I have a web cam (need to learn how to use it, it's on my new computer- never used the camera yet). And I'll need a video editing program of some sort (PC guy, no apple stuff except the iPod, but pretty sure I have something available for free that will work).

Can you give a bit more detail on the what/how/why stuff?

Really appreciate all the videos you've done, very cool, please keep them coming!

Thanks T-Bone!

The early 70s LPC is in it's case being nice and cozy. I tend to enjoy playing the NOS a llttle more for some reason.

Ok this is my video and audio setup for youtube.

For video capture, I would recommend the Kodak Zi8 pocket cam, it records in HD, and it has an external mic input. Amazon has it on sale for $119 with free shipping. The pocket cam is so easy to use and much convinent to make demos as it is so easy to move around with. All my latest videos were done using the Kodak Zi8, so much better than the Flip pocket cam.

For the audio, I mainly use the M-Audio Fast Track Pro interface. This one is about $199, but there are much cheaper price interface that can be purchase to get the same results, you pay for the extra bells and whistles. You really don't need to use a mixer, but it can come in very handy if you want to record with multiple microphones and input sources. I use a Behringer UB802 mixer, they sell for $49. I sometimes use the mixer with the interface if I want to use multiple microphone that require more than two. My interface only has two mic inputs. Sound quality wise, the interface sound much better if you play directly with it to your computer as oppose to mixer to computer as the mixer is plugged to the mic/line input jack of the computer. The USB connection with the interfade has much better audio quality. Microphones are very important and I use mainly the Shure SM57 and sometimes the Sennhieser e609.

Software, I use mainly iMovie and Garageband. Since you are using PC, the windows movie maker would work and you can use the protools software that comes included with the M-Audio Fast Track. Many audio interface comes included with recording software that are very good.

Now, just open a youtube account and upload.

Happy Holidays to all!!

Thanks T-Bone!

The early 70s LPC is in it's case being nice and cozy. I tend to enjoy playing the NOS a llttle more for some reason.

Ok this is my video and audio setup for youtube.

For video capture, I would recommend the Kodak Zi8 pocket cam, it records in HD, and it has an external mic input. Amazon has it on sale for $119 with free shipping. The pocket cam is so easy to use and much convinent to make demos as it is so easy to move around with. All my latest videos were done using the Kodak Zi8, so much better than the Flip pocket cam.

For the audio, I mainly use the M-Audio Fast Track Pro interface. This one is about $199, but there are much cheaper price interface that can be purchase to get the same results, you pay for the extra bells and whistles. You really don't need to use a mixer, but it can come in very handy if you want to record with multiple microphones and input sources. I use a Behringer UB802 mixer, they sell for $49. I sometimes use the mixer with the interface if I want to use multiple microphone that require more than two. My interface only has two mic inputs. Sound quality wise, the interface sound much better if you play directly with it to your computer as oppose to mixer to computer as the mixer is plugged to the mic/line input jack of the computer. The USB connection with the interfade has much better audio quality. Microphones are very important and I use mainly the Shure SM57 and sometimes the Sennhieser e609.

Software, I use mainly iMovie and Garageband. Since you are using PC, the windows movie maker would work and you can use the protools software that comes included with the M-Audio Fast Track. Many audio interface comes included with recording software that are very good.

Now, just open a youtube account and upload.

Happy Holidays to all!!

Thanks for the info! Guess it was someone else who used a web cam, I was thinking it was you. So with the Kodiak's external mic, guessing you leave that out? How do you get to the external audio source (must be in the software). I know the two sources need to be synced too. Going to take some work, and a bit of learning first. And I may try to do it using my web cam (because I already have it) or maybe my little Sony digital camera that shoots video. Ultimately, I need a new camera, but want to wait and go higher end this time.

Thanks for the info! Guess it was someone else who used a web cam, I was thinking it was you. So with the Kodiak's external mic, guessing you leave that out? How do you get to the external audio source (must be in the software). I know the two sources need to be synced too. Going to take some work, and a bit of learning first. And I may try to do it using my web cam (because I already have it) or maybe my little Sony digital camera that shoots video. Ultimately, I need a new camera, but want to wait and go higher end this time.

Yes, I was using my macbook laptop's webcam on my early videos, but I found the webcam to be limiting as I can't take macro, close up videos with it, but the webcam would be just fine. So the Kodak Zi8 fitted the bill. The external mic on the Kodak is an added bonus as you can use higher quality mics on the road or family outings, but for youtube videos I use garageband to record the audio with the interface and Shure SM57s.

Yes, I have to sync the video with the audio, but it is so easy with the software I use, iMovie and Garageband on my macbook.

Looking forward to your videos.

Archived