• Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta write a song.... like this:

The 1000th post

(A)The 1000th post was drawing nigh,

(A)He knew that it was do or die©

(G)to write some prose for all to see ©

(A)committed to posterity

(F)upon the forum (G) pages,by and by(A)

For AXE did throw the gauntlet down

with clever words of great reknown

an Ode unto the forum folks

Who jam guitars and laugh and joke

and always make our faces smile or frown

'twas years ago the lyrics flow

that issued forth somewhere below

had long since, untapped remained

no verse, no chorus or refrain

no garantee that he could make it go

But as it always had before

the words came forth, but something more

inspired by the forum's sight he

had of Les Pauls, cool and mighty

the inner muse oozed rock from every pore

Listening to the inner band

Trusty Les Paul in his hand

he crAnked his amp up to "11"

to get that tone that comes from heaven

And the jam sang out across this mighty land

So here's to you, my inspiration

(and sometime's cause for my sedation)

please tell your tales and post your pics

it makes me jam to get my fix

This ode to you: "Long Live the Gibson Nation!

The 1000 posts made Kimbabig boast

about fun times with friends,

and keeping up to date with forum trends.

He puts his foot in his mouth

so its a good thing he doesn't have gout.

He loves to play his Flying V

but can't play it on his knee,

He wants to say with forum friends

so that the fun times never end.

Not very poetic, but pretty good for 30 seconds (thats a lie, it took two minutes)

Funny thing is I first started coming here a few years ago to learn all I could about Gibson's in general and Les Paul's in particular.

Soon I found myself coming to the lounge and being pulled into "discussions" about politics and religion and like a car wreck I couldn't look away.

I understand the lounge was set up for us to talk about a variety of subjects but I eventually realized on some matters it was better to not even click on that subject.

and it's great to have some of the old guard checking back in.msp_thumbup.gif

Does post count make me smart? Hell naw, but I know more than when I started. Most of the stuff I post here will seem stupid to people, but I use it to gain knowledge and kind of vent on stuff from every day life. A lot of you know a ton of stuff that I could only wish to know.

I try to be helpful and not detract from the site [thumbup]

Some people have 2000 posted but posted pretty much the same few things over 1000x.

I'll admit I post some nonsense but it is to lighten the mood. I try my best to post quality. If someone posts a dumb thread, I'd rather not post and piss on people's threads in a lame attempt to boost my count.

I have heard others state they equate post count to knowledge, though, as in "He has over 5000 posts so he must know his stuff"...

What do YOU think?

5000 posts but 4899 in forum games..., yer kidding, right?

And may I add ---- now with these lame Good Conduct/Reputation scores...,

...just more forum politics steeenckin' on our boots.

None of it means nothing --- each post must stand or fall upon the content therein.

Hit every BLUE NOTE baaaby..., I'm going to play on B)

Aye, Steven... there was a time on these boards when folks actually equated post count to knowledge. It sparked a pretty good debate then, as well.

It looks like an overwhelming majority fall into the quality over quantity category these days. I, for one, am very glad that's true.

I shall strive to increase the quality of my posts as I slowly creep towards the 4k mark. It's been a fun couple of years on these boards. I've learned a lot about many things, not all music related.

Thanks again, Gibson, for giving us the lounge. I haven't forgotten... [thumbup]

I think post count means very little especially if 80% of the posts were saying hello, #1's and the "name the song" game or whatever it's called. I also only glance at it along with the start date if something doesn't make much sense. I think the real meaningless and silly thing here though is the + and - reputation thing, I can't think of any value it has other than a ego stroke especially since you can vote for yourself.

I probably vote at least a couple times a week accidentally trying to scroll down on my Ipad hopefully it's a equal number of pluses and minuses and i'm sorry if I ever lower anyones reputation that cares but big hands and a Ipad isn't always a great combination for detail work.

Archived