Gibson Brands Forums

Does post count equal knowledge?

ChanMan

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As we've been saying... quality over quantity. It's what the majority of the Forum members seem to regard as the mark of a quality member. Quality posts= quality member. Inverse properties of mathematics also apply.

Pretty simple formula... I like it!

I've heard tell a chimpanzee can type the full works of William Shakespear given a keyboard and enough time, so it seems reasonable one could amass 1000 useless posts a month on a forum, too.

Thanks, folks, for those who participated in good faith with good, solid opinions and input.

Dayum!!!

[woot]:rolleyes:[lol][thumbup][biggrin][woot]

I just realized I'm closing in on 10,000 posts!

(Again.) [blink]

I need to come up with something good to redeem myself - that Duane won't sh!t-can as soon as he sees it...

[rolleyes]

Okay, I'll make this an event for anybody and everybody.

Suggestions?

What would you guys do for a 10,000th post?

[blink]

The only reason I like my high post count is to be proud of how long I have been able to stick around the forum and be in the company of some brilliant guitar minds. I'm here to learn more than to contribute. Even though I've been playing for 40 years, I'm no expert and I look for new advice every day. I also like to look at pictures of guitars.

TommyK

You don't factor in time?

Just any post count of 4k... doesn't matter if it was over a month or 10 years....?

Interesting point of view!

Thanks for the input :)

I weren't asked to factor in anything more than an high post count.

Judging by your post count, you'd better call it quits before your life is nil. [omg]

It's already too late for me. [crying]

RUN WHILE YOU CAN! [scared]

Not that I need to say it (or actually want to, as frankly I don't really care) but anyway... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Some people think to spend an insane amount of time on a guitar forum means one has no life, well that's not entirely true when Guitar is your life as is my case (I know some members, like NotesNorton, share this). Like them, I also do have a "life" life, a beautiful wife, a house and a dog, more friends than I care for and stuff to do on weekends in case you were wondering.

I work in/with music, guitars, instruments, and such. So I actually try to spend as much time as posible in here and other guitar/music production related forums. It also pays off, as you get lots of knowledge for free in here, which in case helps customers, which translates into happy customers->good business. [thumbup]

Some people spend more time in here than members with higher post count but just don't post much, some post a lot and spend really small amounts of time in here (log in->post->log off). It's all good. This is a comunity for Gibson owners, users and enthusiasts, nowhere in the rules does it say we have to be all the same and like the same stuff, neither does it say we should all try and reply to questions when we know the answer, or post questions when we want to learn something, but we do it anyway.

[thumbup]

Archived