Gibson Brands Forums

L5Larry's December Concert Schedule

L5Larry

I know there is a bunch of members around here from the St. Louis area, so I'm just going to keep trying to lure you out to support live music in our town. I've got some pretty interesting stuff coming up this month with a couple of different bands (and genres), so pick your poison and come out and say "hi".

Wednesday, December 1, 8:00 p.m. (2 sets)

Meramec Jazz Lab Band

Robbie’s House of Jazz

20 Allen Ave., Ste.150

Webster Groves, MO 63119 (314-968-5556)

Tickets (at the door) $10, $5 with student ID

http://www.robbieshouseofjazz.com/aboutus.html

Sunday, December 5, 3:00 p.m. (1 set)

Meramec Jazz Lab Band

Meramec College Theater (Humanities West building)

Big Bend and Geyer Rd, Kirkwood, MO 63122

This is a FREE concert, opening the show will be the Meramec Symphony Orchestra

Friday, December 31, 9:00 – 10:30 p.m. (1 set)

Blues Inquisition

First Night St. Louis, Grand Center Arts District

St. Francis Xavier Church, 3628 Lindell (at Grand, near the Fox Theater).

Purchase of event “buttons” required

http://www.grandcenter.org/firstnight/index.html

First Night St. Louis is a great family friendly, alcohol-free way to ring in the New Year. The Grand Center Arts District will be turned into one huge party, with entertainment of all kinds indoors, and outdoors, throughout the area. Your event “buttons” gain you full access to ALL the venues and events. Check their website for the full schedule of events and updates. This event has been our annual New Year's Eve concert for many years, and is a fantastic way to ring in the new year, as an "audient" or performer.

Notes: The jazz band will be featuring two female guest vocalists, and a couple of holiday favorites. The blues band (as usual) will be featuring our harmonica player and our slide guitar virtuoso, on a set of pure "down home" St. Louis style blues.

OK, last bump.

Tuesday evening we have dress rehearsal, prior to which I have to go by the club and "evaluate" the house PA system versus OUR requirements. I then have to figure out (and furnish) whatever they are lacking in the "technical" department.

Wednesday noon is stage setup. As a 20-piece band very few nightclub stages will hold us. We have to rent portable stage units to add to the venue stage. As the "set crew" and stage manager is setting up the physical space, I will be setting up microphones, monitors and such.

6:30 p.m. Wednesday is soundcheck. We'll take and hour (or less) to go over some last minute rehearsal stuff as the soundman is tweaking the house PA system. Doors open at 7:30 for the 8:00 p.m. show.

If your within 100 miles of St. Louis, it will be well worth your while to come by.

Archived