Gibson Brands Forums

*hoax* B. B. King dies *hoax*

grampa

Long live the King! [thumbup] I do hope it's a hoax, but he's up there in years, and won't be around forever (he's a diabetic, and not exactly the spry young man). I don't look forward to when he passes, but celebrate the music he's given us already regularly. Saw him in concert in the Summer of 2009. As when I saw him in the 1980's, he speaks a bit too much in his show, but he's more than earned the right. I'll go see him again in the coming year if I get the chance.

Its sad what pain people cause just because they can have a secret identity on the internet and say anything they want. Its not so bad here but on places like Craigs List the remarks are racist and just plain down right mean; although these people would never do this in real life because they would get their arz beat many times.

[confused]

Nevermind, I got you

Here's a short article -

B.B. King Alive! . . . B.B. King Twitter Hoax . . . Stroke Rumors Not True

Link - http://blogs.babble.com/famecrawler/2010/11/29/b-b-king-alive-b-b-king-twitter-hoax-rumors-not-true-video/

Good news. It would be great if someone would at least change the title of this thread (adding (Hoax) would work just fine, or whatever...).

Damn I'm glad it isn't true. I got to meet him at the 40th anniversary of the Montreux jazz festival. What a nice and decent guy. He named Lucille after a girl he got into a fight about in Arkansas kind of close to where I grew up and we talked about it as he belly laughed.

At the fest, he played on a small boat cruising around lake Geneva right after this photo. I'm the inebriated guy standing next to him.

PhilandBBsmall.jpg

Damn I'm glad it isn't true. I got to meet him at the 40th anniversary of the Montreux jazz festival. What a nice and decent guy. He named Lucille after a girl he got into a fight about in Arkansas kind of close to where I grew up and we talked about it as he belly laughed.

At the fest, he played on a small boat cruising around lake Geneva right after this photo. I'm the inebriated guy standing next to him.

PhilandBBsmall.jpg

WOW! I would have had to sink a few to meet him too :) You are very lucky! We saw him in London a year or so a go and John Mayall was the support. It was an awesome concert and I just thought 84 (?) years old (or something like that) and this man still 'has it'. His singing and playing were wonderful and he had a top notch backing band too!

He just seemed so warm and genuine.

I am glad he is still with us xx

Matt

WOW! I would have had to sink a few to meet him too :) You are very lucky! We saw him in London a year or so a go and John Mayall was the support. It was an awesome concert and I just thought 84 (?) years old (or something like that) and this man still 'has it'. His singing and playing were wonderful and he had a top notch backing band too!

He just seemed so warm and genuine.

I am glad he is still with us xx

Matt

Thanks Matt, it was truly a thrill for me. My brother, who lives in Switzerland, actually won one of BB's Lucilles at a charity auction and BB signed it on the back of the guitar to him! My brother doesn't even play :blink: . I have been scamming since then to try to get the damn thing. It is so cool.

Thanks Matt, it was truly a thrill for me. My brother, who lives in Switzerland, actually won one of BB's Lucilles at a charity auction and BB signed it on the back of the guitar to him! My brother doesn't even doesn't even play :blink: . I have been scamming since then to try to get the damn thing. It is so cool.

Wow! The Gibson Lucille is such a nice guitar too!!

Matt

I never had the pleasure of meeting him. But here's a nice story.

A local radio show was running a contest for a pair of BBK concert tickets - nothing special, just regular tickets. The lady that won, took her mother, a cancer patient, and a life long BBK fan who had never seen him perform, with her to the concert. Somehow, BBK was alerted. He arranged to have the pair seated center stage in the first couple of rows. While playing the concert, he introduced her and paid special attention to her. After the show, he had one of his guys invite the ladies to his travel bus where they talked for a couple of hours. When the ladies got back, the daughter called the station and told the story, which is how I found out about it. Of course she gushed about how kind he treated them. . . . . What a wonderful and gracious man.

Archived