Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Junior

Andre S

I'm thinking of getting a Billie Joe Armstrong Les Paul Junior. I don't like Green Day, but it is a nice, full gloss Les Paul Junior, and it looks much better than the Satin model..

Anyone have experience with these? How does the H-90 compare to a P-90?

Look at used Juniors, avoid the signatures.

Prices can be pretty attractive.

Beware!!! P-90 is a whole 'nuther world of tone.

You may get the fever, and humbuckers will never sound the same to you.

[biggrin]

I want to avoid the signature, but after I covert the price to local currency its quite a lot, and my parents prefer that I don't spend that amount on a used guitar, in case it doesn't work, and then it will be pretty expensive to return or repair, because local shops love to rip off people.

The other Junoirs aren't the same as the BJA sig model, from what i gather.

Stick with that one and you'll be happier methinks.

Hmm, too bad the usual place I order from doesn't have any in stock until February......

The 339 is looking better....but the Junior definitely has style.

I'd say if you can swing it, go for the 339 now and if you still want a Junior then get it later.I don't think you'd be dissapointed with either guitar though.

I haven't tried the BJA Junior so I can't comment on the h-90 but I know it comes with that awesome case lol. I know retrosurfer has one.

I'd say if you can swing it, go for the 339 now and if you still want a Junior then get it later.I don't think you'd be dissapointed with either guitar though.

I haven't tried the BJA Junior so I can't comment on the h-90 but I know it comes with that awesome case lol. I know retrosurfer has one.

Well in my price range up to $2000 for a new guitar, the only new Gibsons that I like are those two.

Still can't decide.

Beware!!! P-90 is a whole 'nuther world of tone.

You may get the fever, and humbuckers will never sound the same to you.

[biggrin]

Neo is right on...To me, P-90s are the Bad Girl who you shouldn't date because she has so many flaws...but is soooo good at soooo many other things. I'm talking about tone, of course...

I bought a Billie Jo signature it had nothing to do with him in fact it made it harder to buy even though it only has a small sig on the back of the headstock. I bought it because I really wanted the White Junior with a ebony board - Love it great little guitar and the case gets more comments at gigs than any other case I've ever had people just love the leopard fur interior. I actually like the h-90 no hum

IMG_0020.jpg

I bought a new LP jr in 2004 from Musicians Friend. I got a steal of a deal..Free shipping and a $100 1st-time buyer discount.

Very pleased with the payability and tone. Had to deepen the G string nut slot,as it would pop out when doing a bend. I actually ended up making a new bone nut for it as the one that came in it looked 'cheesy'. I will say it was the best improvement in tone (X2)that you can make for the time and money IMO.

Its one of my favorite electrics and drips with P90 'goodness'!

Good luck with whatever you decide. You MUST get some GAS relief....Rod

I bought a new LP jr in 2004 from Musicians Friend. I got a steal of a deal..Free shipping and a $100 1st-time buyer discount.

Very pleased with the payability and tone. Had to deepen the G string nut slot,as it would pop out when doing a bend. I actually ended up making a new bone nut for it as the one that came in it looked 'cheesy'. I will say it was the best improvement in tone (X2)that you can make for the time and money IMO.

Its one of my favorite electrics and drips with P90 'goodness'!

Good luck with whatever you decide. You MUST get some GAS relief....Rod

Thanks for the replies guys, retro, that Jr, looks amazing, the Vintage Sunburst for both the Jr, and the 339 is what caught my eye though.

Well you right retrorod, I got rid of my GAS but it isn't from picking either of these guitars.

I realized it doesn't make sense to get a new guitar at this moment.

In 8 months I will be starting University either here or away.

I do not want to take a nice new guitar on an 8 hour flight 4 times a year. So I will wait for the guitar till after. Maybe then I can push the extra and get the 335. OOOOH!!!

[lol]

Good news is I can order some other stuff that I wouldn't have been able to get because of the price of the ES 339.

Thanks for the replies guys, retro, that Jr, looks amazing, the Vintage Sunburst for both the Jr, and the 339 is what caught my eye though.

Well you right retrorod, I got rid of my GAS but it isn't from picking either of these guitars.

I realized it doesn't make sense to get a new guitar at this moment.

In 8 months I will be starting University either here or away.

I do not want to take a nice new guitar on an 8 hour flight 4 times a year. So I will wait for the guitar till after. Maybe then I can push the extra and get the 335. OOOOH!!!

[lol]

Good news is I can order some other stuff that I wouldn't have been able to get because of the price of the ES 339 or the Jr.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there ^_^ I'm a proud owner of a new 2010 Les Paul junior and all I can say is buy it, buy it ,buy it! I love it and it's hard to put it down. Though I got the strap-buttons replaced cause the strap-buttons where to small right now I got strap-locks on it and the strings are replaced with dunlops 0.9 string but it's nothing wrong with the ones it comes with though. Hope this will be of help. Cheers ^_^

Hi there ^_^ I'm a proud owner of a new 2010 Les Paul junior and all I can say is buy it, buy it ,buy it! I love it and it's hard to put it down. Though I got the strap-buttons replaced cause the strap-buttons where to small right now I got strap-locks on it and the strings are replaced with dunlops 0.9 string but it's nothing wrong with the ones it comes with though. Hope this will be of help. Cheers ^_^

That's a nice looking Junior, did Santa leave that for you. [thumbup]

Welcome to the forum.

Archived